Release Date

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Must be a separately powered chip on the device then... Usually having to "light up" added silicon on the board is what causes the added power drain.

Also likely due to the fact that LTE radios are relatively young and not optimized.

You're probably right, and I think I have heard from someone about it being a different chip, but maybe I'm just going insane :p

As for the optimization, absolutely. It will get better with time, just like 3G performance has. Although I think battery tech needs to improve as well. They need to start finding ways to cram 2000+ mAh batteries in the same space.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You're probably right, and I think I have heard from someone about it being a different chip, but maybe I'm just going insane :p

As for the optimization, absolutely. It will get better with time, just like 3G performance has. Although I think battery tech needs to improve as well. They need to start finding ways to cram 2000+ mAh batteries in the same space.

It's already 1930mAh. is another 70mAh gonna matter? :)

DalekCaan

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of battery use (I do realize this is off topic, but my excuse is that I'm continuing on an already off topic topic :D) is the larger battery going to affect the SAR of the phone? And PLEASE don't let this start a big discussion about whether phones give you cancer or not... I'm just curious about how mAh affects SAR.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon 4G LTE Phone Release Dates?

bionic-and-thunderbolt.jpg

* HTC Thunderbolt ? End of February, early March
* Samsung SCH-i510 ? March
* LG Revolution ? March, early April
* DROID BIONIC ? Early Summer, June

Now, take this all as speculation at this time. We?re just going with every little detail that?s been dropped at our doorstep and are then attempting to piece the story together. All I can say is, can these get here fast enough? Anyone else bored with all of the current devices?

Source

Sorry off topic...but can the Bionic have the time/date/weather look of the HTC?

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Essentially. Beautiful Widgets is a third party app in the Marketplace, and there is a skin (or two) that you can download along with it that come very close to the HTC widget.
Thanks for all of your help and answers...that is one thing I will miss with my Storm2; the themes. I have a Superman emblem background with BerryWeather's EX-Large weather on top. I will adjust and I am starting to get anixous for the Bionic to come out.

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
as long as the wait is worth it then fine. but obviously the sooner the better, im itching for a new phone. Have droid x now but this bionic looks grreat

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time believing they went from April to June especially considering the iPhone 5 is coming that same month more than likely.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. They would only release it in June if there were serious delays in the development/testing/production process that prevented them from releasing it earlier. April would be nice. I could see May happening. But June, no so much.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder when we'll get more solid date. Does Google announce within a month of release? Or will VZW or Motorola announce it first?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
As for the actual announce date from VZW, I would imagine it would probably be 3-4 weeks ahead. Just look at the T-Bolt... Rumor is for a release in 2-3 weeks but still nothing from vzw.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope it's released in April (or before). I've been sitting on an upgrade since last August waiting for a good phone, and nothing has really excited me. I had my sights set on the Merge before it decided to go AWOL and maybe turn up at AllTel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood