Comparison of Bionic, iPhone, and Thunderbolt

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The bad thing is shortly after release the tegra 2, will be old news everyone will have a dual core processor out shortly after launch. I would love to see how everything fares and whether this chip is worth all the hype

thats the thing I'm looking for. I want the Bionic but I want to see what else is coming out.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Me also I don't want to get burned but I can always get it on a one year contract and get a real powerhouse next year

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my 2 year is up in the fall but I can still use my one year. Still contemplating on what to do. Time will tell I guess :)

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
If Apple follows it's usual and customary naming convention, it will be called "iPhone 4G", not "iPhone 5. The Thunderbolt doesn't impress me. The Bionic does, but not enough for me to leave Sprint and go to Verizon, who's prices and policies, I just don't like. The only way I'd end up with Verizon is if they swallow Sprint. The only way I'd ever buy an iPhone is if it finally supported FLASH and they gave it a replaceable battery and an all aluminum shell (accept the screen). Happy with the EVO.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was.being facetious, btw

I know you were but the bad thing with all the upgraded processors around the corner the tegra 2 is old news in a few months you will have snapdragon omap tegra 3d with better graphics and Orion. Yes the tegra 2 will be here soon but it seems to be the tip of the iceberg

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know you were but the bad thing with all the upgraded processors around the corner the tegra 2 is old news in a few months you will have snapdragon omap tegra 3d with better graphics and Orion. Yes the tegra 2 will be here soon but it seems to be the tip of the iceberg

Yep it seems and looks like tegra 2 will be out dated by the time we start seeing it in phones. The way technology flies isn't very pocket friendly.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
as always, my final decision will based on my hands-on experience with the phone. Having said that, I can't think of another phone that Verizon has announced, that I'm interested in, as much as the Bionic. Not even close, AAMOF.
I will look forward to your hands-on experience and opinion. I never thought I'd be looking forward to an Android's release, but RIM has really upset me with with their attitude and slowness!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
With the right software this phone will fly I'm just hoping motorola has the time to optimize it because from some of the videos it doesn't look to good both the lg and htc phone are just as quick

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
With the right software this phone will fly I'm just hoping motorola has the time to optimize it because from some of the videos it doesn't look to good both the lg and htc phone are just as quick

As has been mentioned before, the Tegra 2 platform will shine in gaming, not in regular use (at least until they truly optimize the OS to use the dual-core proc). The GPU that comes with the TBolt is lacking by comparison to the Tegra 2 which can really pump out the frames with a lot of lighting and graphical complexities. I'm not talking about just Angry Birds, but rather something like this -- YouTube - LG Optimus 2X Hands on video with Tegra 2 enhanced gaming demo by AndroidSPIN at CES 2011

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I dunno man. I normally consider hardware to be outdated if it can't meet the demands of the current software its designed to run. Not simply because something exist that is more powerful.

Maybe I'm amongst the minority, but I'm already getting the kind of performance I want from the current crop of Androids. Now I would like to see something that will provide longer battery life.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Bushido. Although I am the type that tends to envy the latest and greatest, I don't consider the hardware outdated if it can still perform and function perfectly normal.

On the other hand, software being outdated is a totally different story...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I will look forward to your hands-on experience and opinion. I never thought I'd be looking forward to an Android's release, but RIM has really upset me with with their attitude and slowness!

Not to mention the BIS issues lately. When I send a BBM, I want it delivered in a few MOMENTS. Not only did my messages not get delivered in a timely fashion, at least 6 or more messages NEVER made it through. that's unacceptable.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Bushido. Although I am the type that tends to envy the latest and greatest, I don't consider the hardware outdated if it can still perform and function perfectly normal.

On the other hand, software being outdated is a totally different story...

In my ripe old age, I've learned never to buy on "promises". I buy a phone for what it can do the day I buy it, rather than for what it MIGHT do months later, as rumors or promises swirl about possible updates. that doesn't cut it with me. A phone (or other updatable product) has to do all the things I want of it, right out of the box. Later on, if it gets new features, that's GREAT, and I welcome that, but I don't buy based on speculation.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I guess we will see when we get an os that supports multicore processors as far as being outdated it will do everything I want but who knows if it will do it as well as some of the newer processors I just hope it can provide decent battery life

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I dunno man. I normally consider hardware to be outdated if it can't meet the demands of the current software its designed to run. Not simply because something exist that is more powerful.

Maybe I'm amongst the minority, but I'm already getting the kind of performance I want from the current crop of Androids. Now I would like to see something that will provide longer battery life.

I agree with this. I do always want what's new but I'm really content with my DX. Software updates are nice though :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess we will see when we get an os that supports multicore processors as far as being outdated it will do everything I want but who knows if it will do it as well as some of the newer processors I just hope it can provide decent battery life

I'm starting to expect better battery life out of these phones. I use my phone a ton through the day and I can manage to finish the day off with 40% remaining, but there are other days I'm desperately searching for a charger in the evening. That would be a nice change to not have that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
+1 my the battery in the Droid2 is undersized on a good day I will be able to make it through a day but that's with almost no use

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon