1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Question Droid Bionic now with 1GB of RAM?

Is this a misprint????
    Motorola Droid Bionic | Android Central
    The Droid Bionic is part of Verizon's Droid family and is a very attractive offering from Motorola.

It has a 4.3-inch touchscreen, 8 MP rear-camera, front-facing camera, 1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, and is 4G LTE capable.

I would vote misprint... kinda like how the subtitle of this forum says "the first LTE phone, on Verizon, of course" when it is common knowledge that the htc thunderbolt will be released before the bionic.
    Motorola Droid, Viewsonic G-Tablet, Logitech Revue, HTC Thunderbolt, B&N Nook Color
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Solid, i see your from Clemson. I live right up the road in Cashiers. i get down there once or twice a month. we'll have to get a beer sometime. i want to check that gtab out. ive followed some of your posts on the gtab forum. thinking of getting one myself. i might wait to see how much the xoom sells for subsidized.

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    Solid, i see your from Clemson. I live right up the road in Cashiers. i get down there once or twice a month. we'll have to get a beer sometime. i want to check that gtab out. ive followed some of your posts on the gtab forum. thinking of getting one myself. i might wait to see how much the xoom sells for subsidized.
    Next time you are in town, come by Beef'O'Brady's if you wanna grab a beer. I am part owner so that's probably where you'll find me, lol. [/shameless plug]

I am loving my G-Tab, subsidized price isn't looking too good on the Xoom with that $799 MSRP.

...and now back to your regularly scheduled bionic related discussion.
    Motorola Droid, Viewsonic G-Tablet, Logitech Revue, HTC Thunderbolt, B&N Nook Color
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
    Next time you are in town, come by Beef'O'Brady's if you wanna grab a beer. I am part owner so that's probably where you'll find me, lol. [/shameless plug]

I am loving my G-Tab, subsidized price isn't looking too good on the Xoom with that $799 MSRP.

...and now back to your regularly scheduled bionic related discussion.
    heck yea! sounds great.

Global Posts
    10,407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

512 DDR2 Ram....confirmed moto.....nice catch CW!

ROM
    None

AC quoted Moto's own page, which at the time of that posting, stated that the Bionic had 1 gigabyte of RAM under the hood. Motorola has since changed it.

Moto and Verizon has misquoted specs several times, its gotten rather ridiculous actually. As a matter of fact, Sanjay said the Droid X had a 3640 OMAP chip during it's press unveiling. Who can you trust if the friggin CEO doesn't know what he's talking about?
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Yea I read that also about Moto having it posted as 1GB and then changing it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Moto originally put up 1GB of RAM and then had to retract their statement, you're all right there. I'll tip who needs to be tipped on the typo. Thanks guys.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Moto originally put up 1GB of RAM and then had to retract their statement, you're all right there. I'll tip who needs to be tipped on the typo. Thanks guys.
    Yea I wasn't sure who to notify to see if it was a typo. Figured someone would see the thread and fix it.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
    I when it is common knowledge that the htc thunderbolt will be released before the bionic.
    It wasn't when the forum was created. Anyway, it's fixed now

This would be the first phone with this amount of memory right?