4G Cost?

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How much extra will Verizon be charging for their LTE, 4G service? Almost makes me not want to upgrade to a 4G phone. My bill is plenty high enough.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Likely there will not be a charge for 4G data. What is probably going to happen is that there will be a restructuring of their data plan tiers in general to reflect the inclusion of all of that 4G data.

Reactions: miamifin33

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
In other words, we'll be paying more?

It's really, *really* difficult to say. We've heard so many conflicting reports on the whole issue of how much (if any) more Verizon will be charging for 4G service. Just about every possible scenario has been discussed, "leaked" or thrown on the rumor mill in some fashion.

My personal opinion is that Verizon won't charge extra for it initially (and in the least, won't charge you for it if you don't have access to 4G in your area) but that is just an optimistic opinion.

Reactions: miamifin33

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So basically, if you are just using an upgrade (upgrading to a 4G phone) on a currently signed contract, you should still pay the same, right?

Liberati0n

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I heard its going to be $15, on top of the $30 for unlimited. I just think there is no way they will do a limited data plan going on like the MiFi's, because I cannot believe they will tell people to make sure how much data they are using.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
With BB's we've always had a $30 unlimited plan whether you wanted it or not. I'm sure they've made lots of money on me, and probably lost money on others. I hope that LTE will be the same!

markkitos

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I called VZW earlier.....playing dumb about the Thunderbolt. The rep didn't have any idea about the release date. I then asked about pricing for 4g - he had to check & when he came back he said that their systems show that it will be same pricing as it now........for what it's worth.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We have no idea. All the numbers being tossed around are speculation. The Thunderbolt is supposed to be launched this month so we likely will hear about plan pricing for 4G a week or 2 after the iPhone 4 launches.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Just keep in mind, Unlimited really means 5 GB. Verizon used to terminate customers for excessive data usage on their unlimited plans. Excessive being downloading extremely large data constantly. Just use common sense.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
From my experience, at least on their 3G network, they rarely enforced it. Maybe that will change with the launch of the iPhone, and surely they did enforce it on some people, but I know quite a few people who have gone over that 5GB cap many times and have never been throttled or terminated.