System UI tuner issues (Android M)

Foe Hammer

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm having an issue activating the system ui tuner. I press and hold the cog icon(gear sign) wait for it to spin and nothing happens. Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Posted via the Android Central App

Foe Hammer

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Sorry should have included that. Nexus 6 just updated to marshmallow 2 days ago. So far I've restarted my phone and uninstalled then reinstalled Google play services. Those were the only things I could think of.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Keep holding it down. Then check settings menu. The great icon didn't spin on my 6P and there was no pop up message, but when I went to settings the UI Tuner was activated.

Last edited:

Foe Hammer

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I've done it dozens of times various ways. Even holding it down until my screen times out. Still nothing. Very frustrating!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
For some people with the same issue the cause (and the fix) was related to the developer options. In some cases they managed to enable the UI tuner after enabling the developer options first. If you've done this already make sure you didn't switch the animation options off. Set the default values back and try the UI tuner again.

Foe Hammer

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Javier. My developer options we're enabled and my animations we're off. So I switched it back to default and restarted my phone and it worked. Not having the animations on makes sense as the cog spinning would be considered an animation. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908