Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the bionic being delayed for the thunderbolt?

Do you think the bionic is ready for release and they just have to hold it up because the thunderbolt was billed as being the "first"?? I am kind of a moto fan and have picked this as my next phone.. I hate waiting...
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jayblazer View Post
    Do you think the bionic is ready for release and they just have to hold it up because the thunderbolt was billed as being the "first"?? I am kind of a moto fan and have picked this as my next phone.. I hate waiting...
    It isn't ready. Final builds haven't even been sent to network testers.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

they did say Q2 for the bionic back when it was announced, and there is no reason to think it will miss that target
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    they did say Q2 for the bionic back when it was announced, and there is no reason to think it will miss that target
    Especially since the Bolt is giving them a case study of issues they may run into. I can bet that if the Bolt has had the issues that have been rumored, they're already working on them on the Bionic.

Besides, we'll be seeing the Samsung before the Bionic.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    It isn't ready. Final builds haven't even been sent to network testers.
    I'm not saying that you're wrong, but according to the people's troubleshooting sub-forum on , some people already have the DB.

Edit: ...according to the people's gripes on the troubleshooting sub-forum...

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Although it was some time ago, most interpretations of the Panda poem seem to indicate a date around April 28. I have seen others report issues and maybe not until June. But, I'll probably wait until mid to late April and see what's there. Panda has been pretty accurate in the past.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Alright.. what is the panda.. sorry I'm kind of late to the game here..

Just Remember there has not been any Official release date.... April 28th is just Speculation.. It can come out anytime during the 2nd Q. The latest is the end of June...

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by jayblazer View Post
    Alright.. what is the panda.. sorry I'm kind of late to the game here..
    It usually doesn't take long for one to learn of the Panda around here. He's a tester for Verizon and provides some very useful insight, tips, etc. Check hime out ... he's "black_man_x" on Twitter and "blackmannx" on AC.

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    It usually doesn't take long for one to learn of the Panda around here. He's a tester for Verizon and provides some very useful insight, tips, etc. Check hime out ... he's "black_man_x" on Twitter and "blackmannx" on AC.
    Yes The Panda is a reliable source.. I tweet him with Q&A all the time..
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    I'm not saying that you're wrong, but according to the people's troubleshooting sub-forum on , some people already have the DB.

They don't have final builds. They don't exist yet outside of Motorola.

They don't have final builds. They don't exist yet outside of Motorola.
    So they're testers?

Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So they're testers?

Well yeah. But the software and hardware that they have is not final.

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Bionic will **** on the evo 2, not so much.

Well yeah. But the software and hardware that they have is not final.
    I don't think that they're testers. It appears to be a scam site. Guys were on there talking about "Motorola Sense" (wtf?).

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

You should read the comments. They live a totally different world where the Bionic has been out for 6 months and the Samsung Epic is better and on Verizon. lol.

Back on topic. The Bionic is most likely still on track like the other devices. The only phones that would be delayed because of the Thunderbolt is the HTC Incredible 2 and HTC Merge. Should expect the Motorola Bionic mid-June.
    So many phones, so little time.

Am I completely f-ning lost? that site seems like everyone on there has a Bionic.. how the f do they all have them?

are those all "beta" testers that work with/for Verizon? wtf?
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

That site appears to be part of a network of content factories.

These sites lure visitors via Google and profit with ad dollars. Don't believe anything you read on there, they probably rip their content from other existing forums and just change the name of the device with a script.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't think that they're testers. It appears to be a scam site. Guys were on there talking about "Motorola Sense" (wtf?).

I wasn't talking about them, I was talking about BMX. He put up a tweet a week or so ago saying the Bionic was in the wild, but wasn't final builds. (either software or hardware)

I read that in his earnings call at the end of January Sanjay Jha said the Bionic is on track for the planned release at the end of Q2.

Well luckily it looks like if it IS being held back by the TB, then we have only until Thursday, before they have no excuses for releasing the Bionic.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hand_O_Death View Post
    Well luckily it looks like if it IS being held back by the TB, then we have only until Thursday, before they have no excuses for releasing the Bionic.
    Keep in mind that the Bionic will be the last of the four to debut. So after the Bolt, we still have to see the Stealth and Revolution launch before the Bionic gets its turn.

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

Keep in mind that the Bionic will be the last of the four to debut. So after the Bolt, we still have to see the Stealth and Revolution launch before the Bionic gets its turn.
    Poor Bionic And attached to his hand is a little buddy named Tiered.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Poor Bionic And attached to his hand is a little buddy named Tiered.
    lololollooollol

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EggoEspada View Post
    You should read the comments. They live a totally different world where the Bionic has been out for 6 months and the Samsung Epic is better and on Verizon. lol.

Back on topic. The Bionic is most likely still on track like the other devices. The only phones that would be delayed because of the Thunderbolt is the HTC Incredible 2 and HTC Merge. Should expect the Motorola Bionic mid-June.
    I think you will see the Bionic a lot sooner than June. BMX said after passover. Easter is April 24th, so I think you will see it that week or the week after.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast