Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new artical with release date.

I'm not getting my hopes up over this but it does say some nice things about the bionic..

God I hope this is true I am DYING for an upgrade from my BB Curve lol.

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Im torn between 1GB and single-core processor with the Thunderbolt OR

512MB and dual core with the Bionic................
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,119 Global Posts

with the imminent launch of the samsung charge, i really dont think vzw would launch 2 high profile devices in one month...i'm still saying may is when we see this

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post

The Thunderbolt is not 1GB of Ram it has 768 MB of Ram..

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by brandonx1000 View Post
    with the imminent launch of the samsung charge, i really dont think vzw would launch 2 high profile devices in one month...i'm still saying may is when we see this
    If the Samsung is released Apr. 7, that's only 3 weeks after the Thunderbolt (and I'd say the Charge is a rather high profile device -- it's also LTE and was one of the 4 devices announced at CES). Apr. 28 would be 3 weeks after that for a potential release of the Bionic (although the article rumors the 21st). So, thinking in terms of actual time between releases versus how many in a given month, it lays out consistently.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm sticking with the 28th as the day I'm expecting..it joves better with what bmx says..

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post

FYI i bought the Thunderbolt and I am really considering returning it and waiting for the Bionic...The Thunderbolt is a great phone but the battery life SUCKS! They have us trying all these tricks and crap to save battery life...I have heard Motorola has better battery life and I sure hope so. Just my opinion if this helps any...

Why do articles make the 512MB RAM sound so bad? IT'S DDR2 PEOPLE, different BETTER RAM !!!
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$

"article" is generous.

The first comment on that "article" is also wrong.. Bionic has 16GB internal with no microSD card included, but it accepts a 32GB card correct?

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

Did she pull this date from her a... hat?

And so it begins. $4 on the 28th.

And aboot time a number is thrown out somewhere.
    G1 -> Droid (for about 2 months lol)-> Droid X2
    I'm a hardware guy, but android makes my Java skills feel useful
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I'm not in a hurry to get a new phone. T bolt wasn't enough of a jump to ditch my DX. Bionic would be a consideration. April is fine with me.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by lament View Post
    The first comment on that "article" is also wrong.. Bionic has 16GB internal with no microSD card included, but it accepts a 32GB card correct?
    Mostly, from what I understand. The Bionic does have 16GB internal and a microSD card slot that can support up to 32GB card. What I haven't seen though is what size card comes included, if any. I would suspect that it does come with card, although it may be only a 2 or 4GB card (which I would be absolutely fine with).

ROM
    Das BAMF 2.3

Default Price

I have been waiting patiently since Jan for this phone. Didn't buy in to all the TBolt hype. April/May even June is fine with me. I just want the $150 price that Amazon posted (and quickly retracted) to be accurate. That would be awesome plus pick a 32gb sd card for around $70.

I expect Bennnnn to pop in with some new Bionic-related riddles soon, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by lament View Post
    You are right it does have 16GB of internal memory. If it follows the DX it will also come with a 16GB MicroSD card or they might do the 32GB to match HTC.. Nothing has been said yet.!!!

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't give this article much wait since she doesn't know the difference between RAM and ROM. The 512mb of RAM will be better than the 768mb in the TB because it will be dual channel RAM, unlike the TB's. I'm anxiously waiting like others... but I may wait a few days post launch to check it out, see how the radio is (TB is hit or miss right now software wise, in the vzw store, one was on 1x and the other was bouncing between LTE and nothing).

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by msfraser302 View Post
    I have been waiting patiently since Jan for this phone. Didn't buy in to all the TBolt hype. April/May even June is fine with me. I just want the $150 price that Amazon posted (and quickly retracted) to be accurate. That would be awesome plus pick a 32gb sd card for around $70.
    I'm interested in the Bionic as well. As for the microSD card, I was looking at the Lexar Class 10 32GB card for about $85. It will have a nice home in my OG Droid before it fits the Bionic or whatever its successor will be. As for the price point, there was this band Aerosmith that came out with this song that was fairly popular. I forget the name, but it goes something like, "Sing with me, sing for the year, sing for the laughter, sing for the tears, sing with me if it's just for today, maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away...."
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

Bionic not coming with the 32 card? TB comes with it - why not Bionic?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    I'm not in a hurry to get a new phone. T bolt wasn't enough of a jump to ditch my DX. Bionic would be a consideration. April is fine with me.
    I'm in no rush either. I've had my Dinc since Memorial Day weekend. I think my hands are tied for an upgrade, correct? What options do I have if the Bionic comes out end of April??

Would Verizon allow me to upgrade? Or should I add a line and give a basic phone to my parents? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by xier View Post
    Bionic not coming with the 32 card? TB comes with it - why not Bionic?
    my assumption is that Motorola is spending the difference on providing the Bionic with a better battery?

what good is the additional memory if the phone dies on you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Issemann View Post
    I'm in no rush either. I've had my Dinc since Memorial Day weekend. I think my hands are tied for an upgrade, correct? What options do I have if the Bionic comes out end of April??

Would Verizon allow me to upgrade? Or should I add a line and give a basic phone to my parents? Thoughts?

I believe it is under “device” that they give you rather straight forward information on when/what you are eligible for as far as updates.

-Suntan

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

I believe it is under “device” that they give you rather straight forward information on when/what you are eligible for as far as updates.

-Suntan
    Website says I'm eligible for an upgrade on Jan 2012. But someone told me that Verizon will allow me to upgrade the primary line after only one year. Is this true?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast