If not the Bionic...

SpaceCracker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I sent my Thunderbolt back and decided to wait for the Bionic but are there any other LTE phones on the horizon for Big Red? The Sony Xplay looks pretty cool but no LTE on that one. Will any of the upcoming Sony phones get LTE or is the Bionic the only other choice for awhile? I wanted to get on a unlimited LTE data plan before its too late!

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the Droid Charge.

Personally, I'm watching several Verizon Moto devices now, and a mysterious toss-up device that will be a LTE Google Experience phone (possibly by Moto as well).

- Droid 3 (if it's got a FFC and dual core, I'll get it; rumors have claimed that this may be the stock device)
- Droid X2 (it would seem at this point that it lacks the FFC at least and possibly the dual core, though)
- Droid Targa (Not coming until the end of the year at least. Possibly quad core.)
- Mysterious Stock Android Device with LTE (Black_Man_X (VZW network engineer) has referred to this device several times, and P3_Droid of TBH (Moto Expert, and possibly Insider) has also said it's coming. It might be Moto made, but we don't know for sure. Let's hope it's the Targa. :) )

Reactions: SpaceCracker

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
As far as upcoming LTE phones, there's the Samsung Droid Charge and LG Revolution. Neither of these devices are dual-core like the Bionic. But, they each have their own pluses/minuses. I believe that each will be out by the end of May (just based on rumors, etc., that I've seen/heard). The Droid Charge is rumored to be out Apr. 7.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
when is this coming out?

Depends on which rumor you believe. For the Bionic, I've seen rumors of April, May, and June. Basically all over the place. The one I'd like to believe most is Apr. 28th. We won't know for sure until an official announcement is made by Verizon or it's actually released (whichever comes first ;)).

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting for the Bionic until the rumors of a 4G Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2 broke. Now I am waiting for that for sure. Twice as much memory in a phone that is much slimmer and lighter.

See: Samsung GALAXY S II

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I was waiting for the Bionic until the rumors of a 4G Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2 broke. Now I am waiting for that for sure. Twice as much memory in a phone that is much slimmer and lighter.

Never really paid much stock to the S2 until you linked to it... It looks pretty cool. (Well, to be precise, it looks like a Meizu M9 knockoff with better hardware save for the Meizu's Retina screen). I'll certainly keep it in mind, if a decent dev community forms around it.

BBLV

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm feeling the exact same way. I may just buy a new extended battery for my OG Droid to pump some life back into it to wait for a few more months (hopefully it comes sooner than later!). I've been ripe for a NE2 upgrade since November...

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It is going to be a hard choice for me between the bionic and and the S2. I may still end up getting the Bionic but idk.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll get the S2 instead of the Bionic if it makes it to Verizon without any asinine changes, everything works ok (don't want a repeat of the GPS issues) and it gets a good dev community. That latter part being key, as Samsung is terrible at updates, I don't trust the updates they send out, and CyanogenMod took forever to come out for Galaxy S devices (is it even out yet now?). Yeah, I know I definitely won't get CM on the Bionic, but I know the stock software and updates should be fine and the ROMs that are available will be good as well.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I sent my Thunderbolt back and decided to wait for the Bionic but are there any other LTE phones on the horizon for Big Red? The Sony Xplay looks pretty cool but no LTE on that one. Will any of the upcoming Sony phones get LTE or is the Bionic the only other choice for awhile? I wanted to get on a unlimited LTE data plan before its too late!

Just so you know, prolly by the time or when the bionic and other LTE phones come out the unlimited 4G plan will not gone. So if ya want to get on unlimited Lte data plan best time is now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the Droid Charge.

Personally, I'm watching several Verizon Moto devices now, and a mysterious toss-up device that will be a LTE Google Experience phone (possibly by Moto as well).

- Droid 3 (if it's got a FFC and dual core, I'll get it; rumors have claimed that this may be the stock device)
- Droid X2 (it would seem at this point that it lacks the FFC at least and possibly the dual core, though)
- Droid Targa (Not coming until the end of the year at least. Possibly quad core.)
- Mysterious Stock Android Device with LTE (Black_Man_X (VZW network engineer) has referred to this device several times, and P3_Droid of TBH (Moto Expert, and possibly Insider) has also said it's coming. It might be Moto made, but we don't know for sure. Let's hope it's the Targa. :) )

Based on what BMX said, I think the mystery device is another variant of the Nexus S. When Sprint announced theirs, he said something to the effect of 'Its nice, but ours is better'. LTE alone wouldn't make it better, so I'm betting on more differences.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173