VZW: Motorola Droid Bionic as a ?2011 upcoming device?

jrcarson

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
author of the article

I'm the author of the linked article and I just wanted to explain something: in my dealings with VZW, they typically give a 'no comment' when they don't want to admit anything. The wording of their email indicated that the Bionic was not cancelled and was still upcoming. Their promise to send me a release date when available is also telling. Could they be blowing smoke? Yes - it wouldn't be the first time. However, they usually give me a 'no comment' when they don't want to commit. Given the secretive nature with which carriers' phone releases are dealt, this particular email was surprisingly open about the Bionic being released, eventually. There are no guarantees, but I always like to give the vendors a chance to speak before spreading shocking rumors. Hope this helps! And I certainly hope the Bionic is NOT cancelled. :)

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Wonder how long we will be idly standing by for something official...i mean it could be a week, more even a month you never know, and the fact that we are sitting on a rumor that it may be cancelled makes it worse then just waiting for a official release date to be given to us. Of course waiting for the official announcement before deciding on what to do.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I think will happen: The Bionic that we know is scrapped. The Targa will take its place with the Bionic name, so therefore they're not telling a lie when they say it's an upcoming 2011 device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01