I thought the one year contract on Verizon was dead?

Need A Beach

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting and waiting to replace my Blackberry Tour with the Bionic. I knew that Verizon was discontinuing pricing with a one year contract. Imagine my surprise when I received an auto-bot text message yesterday (April 19th) from Big Red offering the lowest upgrade prices with either a one or two year renewal.

Could it be? Do I jump on it, take a one year contract and upgrade again once the Bionic is released?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Hmm ... Now that you mention it, I don't believe that I ever saw an official statement from Verizon regarding this. But, I'm not sure that they would issue one anyway. I think the longer you wait, the higher the risk is that you won't be able to get a 1-yr.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I just went to Verizon's website. Looks like the 1-yr is dead. It's no longer an option when selecting the plan type -- there's only "2YR" and "Month to month". There was the exception though where the 1-yr is still available for business customers depending on the business account.

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I called on sat thinking that I may take a one year with the thunderbolt and the lady did tell me it was the last day for 1year contracts.. I ended up thinking the bolt was to much and not what I wanted. so I bought a droid x from a guy on here and I will just wait for what ever.. I'm thinking targa at this point.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the one year contract is over. It was frustrating because on Monday I spoke to someone early in the day who thought they were still doing it, but when I called back later the person who answered told me that they are no longer doing one year contracts as of Sunday. Even tried to see if they would do an exception since it was only one day past but that was a no go, said under no circumstances can they do it now. Probably just something they missed accidently when they sent the text to you.