Best 4g smartphone?

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, the SGS II.

x2, I would LOVE to see a GS2 launch with LTE soon. Definitely would be better than anything else we hear coming down the pipeline. Though the new Bionic may yet match it if they've changed to an OMAP4, like had been rumored when the Targa was first seen. I doubt that its display will be competitive with S-AMOLED+ though.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So far the Samsung Galaxy S 2 will be the best phone on Verizon's network until the Bionics specs drop. Across all carriers Samsungs G2 is the best Android handset of 2011 unless ofcourse the Bionic unseats it.

Sent from my Droid

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
x2, I would LOVE to see a GS2 launch with LTE soon. Definitely would be better than anything else we hear coming down the pipeline. Though the new Bionic may yet match it if they've changed to an OMAP4, like had been rumored when the Targa was first seen. I doubt that its display will be competitive with S-AMOLED+ though.

I like the S-AMOLED screens, BUT, you can see the type the Bionic's using better outdoors, correct? I find myself using my phone a lot outside...on the deck, sitting in the car waiting for the wife, etc. so outdoor viewing is a big concern for me.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
When did it leak that verizon was getting the Galaxy S2? I thought it was just TMO.

On another note, I'm now starting to think I won't see a dual-core phone by June...

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The GS2 has not been announced for VZW and there have been no mention of an LTE one being released anytime soon. It is a good phone, but since we know that some form of the Bionic will be released (eventually) and that so far the specs will be improved even over the great specs it WAS going to have, I would still vote for it, as long as it gets released in the near future.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Cory: info on the SGS II screen tech - Super AMOLED Plus

Thanks for the info, very interesting! Will there be a Verizon LTE version, and when will it come out? I haven't had any trouble with my Storm2, but I have never been more excited about getting a new phone! I guess 2 years is enough and I want more than my S2 can provide...but come June, I will be READY...I hope the Bionic or SGS2 is ready!

casperzshado

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't really see a reason for a dual core as phones stand now. Nice bragging rights but I don't use this phone to its full potential as it stands. Probably the most work I put this phone through right now is have gps going at the some time as pandora. Until I find out how to slow down the tbolt, while not the maybe best phone, don't really see a reason to look for anything better. I see it being a while before any phone envy starts

Sent from my tbolt using Tapatalk

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't really see a reason for a dual core as phones stand now. Nice bragging rights but I don't use this phone to its full potential as it stands. Probably the most work I put this phone through right now is have gps going at the some time as pandora. Until I find out how to slow down the tbolt, while not the maybe best phone, don't really see a reason to look for anything better. I see it being a while before any phone envy starts

Sent from my tbolt using Tapatalk

It's really easy to slow down a TB--just deplete the battery, which doesn't take too long. :)

I don't think much of the sound quality, or the screen.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Motorola has pulled the Bionic back in to make it a better phone. They know what coming out and what is out, so they better come out swinging for the fences or it will be a let down for everyone.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Welp, another pretty uneventful week down. Hoping next week is a little more exciting, spec's released, pics leaked, release date.... anything!!!! :)

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Motorola has pulled the Bionic back in to make it a better phone. They know what coming out and what is out, so they better come out swinging for the fences or it will be a let down for everyone.

OMAP 4 or bust! :D

Now if only there was a reasonable expectation of seeing a S-AMOLED+ screen on anything other than a Samsung for the forseeable future...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci