Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best 4g smartphone?

What do you think will be the best 4g smartphone to launch this year for Verizon. I think it'll be the Bionic.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

HTC Thunderbolt!

Hopefully, the SGS II.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    Hopefully, the SGS II.
    x2, I would LOVE to see a GS2 launch with LTE soon. Definitely would be better than anything else we hear coming down the pipeline. Though the new Bionic may yet match it if they've changed to an OMAP4, like had been rumored when the Targa was first seen. I doubt that its display will be competitive with S-AMOLED+ though.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

So far the Samsung Galaxy S 2 will be the best phone on Verizon's network until the Bionics specs drop. Across all carriers Samsungs G2 is the best Android handset of 2011 unless ofcourse the Bionic unseats it.

Sent from my Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiserdude View Post
    x2, I would LOVE to see a GS2 launch with LTE soon. Definitely would be better than anything else we hear coming down the pipeline. Though the new Bionic may yet match it if they've changed to an OMAP4, like had been rumored when the Targa was first seen. I doubt that its display will be competitive with S-AMOLED+ though.
    I like the S-AMOLED screens, BUT, you can see the type the Bionic's using better outdoors, correct? I find myself using my phone a lot outside...on the deck, sitting in the car waiting for the wife, etc. so outdoor viewing is a big concern for me.
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I like the S-AMOLED screens, BUT, you can see the type the Bionic's using better outdoors, correct? I find myself using my phone a lot outside...on the deck, sitting in the car waiting for the wife, etc. so outdoor viewing is a big concern for me.
    Hi, Cory: info on the SGS II screen tech -
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Even if the Galaxy S2 isn't 4g, I would still consider it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

and the Galaxy SII is rooted already.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I thought the Galaxy S2 came with Gingerbread out of the box.

When did it leak that verizon was getting the Galaxy S2? I thought it was just TMO.

On another note, I'm now starting to think I won't see a dual-core phone by June...
    G1 -> Droid (for about 2 months lol)-> Droid X2
    I'm a hardware guy, but android makes my Java skills feel useful
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by saillling4life View Post
    I thought the Galaxy S2 came with Gingerbread out of the box.
    yes sir it does...

The GS2 has not been announced for VZW and there have been no mention of an LTE one being released anytime soon. It is a good phone, but since we know that some form of the Bionic will be released (eventually) and that so far the specs will be improved even over the great specs it WAS going to have, I would still vote for it, as long as it gets released in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    Hi, Cory: info on the SGS II screen tech -
    Thanks for the info, very interesting! Will there be a Verizon LTE version, and when will it come out? I haven't had any trouble with my Storm2, but I have never been more excited about getting a new phone! I guess 2 years is enough and I want more than my S2 can provide...but come June, I will be READY...I hope the Bionic or SGS2 is ready!
    Cory

I don't really see a reason for a dual core as phones stand now. Nice bragging rights but I don't use this phone to its full potential as it stands. Probably the most work I put this phone through right now is have gps going at the some time as pandora. Until I find out how to slow down the tbolt, while not the maybe best phone, don't really see a reason to look for anything better. I see it being a while before any phone envy starts

Sent from my tbolt using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

Whatever Verizon decides to launch as their flagship lte device at the end of the year. That will be the best. Hopefully its an unlocked moto.

Quote Originally Posted by casperzshado View Post
    I don't really see a reason for a dual core as phones stand now. Nice bragging rights but I don't use this phone to its full potential as it stands. Probably the most work I put this phone through right now is have gps going at the some time as pandora. Until I find out how to slow down the tbolt, while not the maybe best phone, don't really see a reason to look for anything better. I see it being a while before any phone envy starts

Sent from my tbolt using Tapatalk

It's really easy to slow down a TB--just deplete the battery, which doesn't take too long.

I don't think much of the sound quality, or the screen.

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Motorola has pulled the Bionic back in to make it a better phone. They know what coming out and what is out, so they better come out swinging for the fences or it will be a let down for everyone.

Welp, another pretty uneventful week down. Hoping next week is a little more exciting, spec's released, pics leaked, release date.... anything!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    Motorola has pulled the Bionic back in to make it a better phone. They know what coming out and what is out, so they better come out swinging for the fences or it will be a let down for everyone.
    OMAP 4 or bust!

Now if only there was a reasonable expectation of seeing a S-AMOLED+ screen on anything other than a Samsung for the forseeable future...
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I really don't think the Galaxy S2 will be 4g.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by saillling4life View Post
    I really don't think the Galaxy S2 will be 4g.
    according to this pic it will

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...tml#post872979
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    That's the Charge.

The GS2 in its current form will NOT have an LTE radio at any point in the future. It would be physically impossible to shoehorn in all the necessary radios.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    That's the Charge.

The GS2 in its current form will NOT have an LTE radio at any point in the future. It would be physically impossible to shoehorn in all the necessary radios.
    For the 3rd time the Charge is the SCH-i510 : ) Look at the Model number in the picture...
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    For the 3rd time the Charge is the SCH-i510 : ) Look at the Model number in the picture...
    Look at the damn phone. The phone pictured is the Charge. That post is from December. You are wrong.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast