Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
  2. #2  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,668 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default

    Please have that blogger take some kind of English class. Content was there, but it was a little painful to read. I am sure Harry is a good dude though.
  3. #3  

    Default

    DROID3 and DROIDX2 Pop Up in Best Buy System, Model Numbers Confirmed - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

    sign, looks like the D3 may be pushed up on release. Makes the wait for Bionic even more unbearable.
  4. #4  

    Default

    It just looks like this guy gathered all the information out there and put it together.

    He says it will run a tegra porccesor, so lets see how that turns out
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxn View Post
    It just looks like this guy gathered all the information out there and put it together.

    He says it will run a tegra porccesor, so lets see how that turns out
    The specs could be from when the Tegra was originally leaked.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Definitely not a Blog worthy article. I swear the last 12 pages of Online "news" about the bionic are reiterations of the same crap we found out about weeks ago. People just want visits to their website so they post garbage without any information at all. Just like this article.

    It gets very frustrating when you think you may be reading something divulging new information. NO offense at all but should seriously delete this thread, i dont think Harry deserves views to his webpage for that pile.
  7. #7  
    huskerkate's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

    Default

    the latest rumor/speculation was that the Targa/Bionic would be going with dual core OMAP processor, not a Tegra (because of all the 4G issues) - any more word on that??
  8. #8  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    the latest rumor/speculation was that the Targa/Bionic would be going with dual core OMAP processor, not a Tegra (because of all the 4G issues) - any more word on that??
    Husker! Awesome to see you brother....

    The ONLY thing that is known about the Bionic/Tegra at this time is that its LTE. Anything else is just speculation. The TI OMAP has been mentioned quite a few times but nothing has been verified.

    The gentlemen at HoFo will leak specs in due time I'm sure.

    Sent from my Droid
    Last edited by CK; 05-02-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
  9. #9  
    ffac789's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

    Default

    This is driving me crazy. I'm just getting so tired of my Storm 2 that I'm willing to just go for the Droid Charge. I'm hoping some kind of news comes out this month that will tide me over until whenever the Bionic comes out.
    Current
    Phone: Storm 2 (again -____-)
    Carrier: Verizon Wireless
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    the latest rumor/speculation was that the Targa/Bionic would be going with dual core OMAP processor, not a Tegra (because of all the 4G issues) - any more word on that??
    Huskerkate Welcome I am glade to see you here...
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
  11. #11  
    huskerkate's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

    Default

    CK and Preach - good to see you guys, too! i figured it wouldn't hurt for me to branch out and broaden my horizons a little bit... I'll get this out of the way, now: long time lurker, first time poster... lol

    ffac, fwiw, i wouldn't take the Charge on a bet. i can only imagine the frustration in watching all of these phones dangled in front of you while you're stuck with a Storm 2. but, in this particular instance, i think you'll be much happier in the end if you stick it out and wait to see what the Targa has in store (and the GS2, for that matter). for me personally, if i HAD to get a phone really soon, i'd probably wait for the DX2 or D3 - i'd take dual core/3g over single core/4g.
  12. #12  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    CK and Preach - good to see you guys, too! i figured it wouldn't hurt for me to branch out and broaden my horizons a little bit... I'll get this out of the way, now: long time lurker, first time poster... lol

    ffac, fwiw, i wouldn't take the Charge on a bet. i can only imagine the frustration in watching all of these phones dangled in front of you while you're stuck with a Storm 2. but, in this particular instance, i think you'll be much happier in the end if you stick it out and wait to see what the Targa has in store (and the GS2, for that matter). for me personally, if i HAD to get a phone really soon, i'd probably wait for the DX2 or D3 - i'd take dual core/3g over single core/4g.
    The GS2 on Verizon will not be LTE.
  13. #13  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    I concur husker re : dual core 3g over single core 4g

    Samsung did the Charge well. My friend picked one up and he says the battery life is actually really good. He was Storm 2 owner. I think for the everyday average user who has no clue about phones or doesn't care about specs the Charge will make a great phone. For us phone nutz on the other hand.....well ya know

    Sent from my Droid
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    The GS2 on Verizon will not be LTE.
    Do you know this for sure????
  15. #15  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allan1313 View Post
    Do you know this for sure????
    Yes. There is no way an LTE radio will fit in the GS2.
  16. #16  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Yes. There is no way an LTE radio will fit in the GS2.
    So you have seen Verizon's model of the Galaxy SII?


    Sent from my Droid
  17. #17  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    So you have seen Verizon's model of the Galaxy SII?


    Sent from my Droid
    No, but BMX has a GS2 right now, and he said point blank an LTE radio will not fit.
  18. #18  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    No, but BMX has a GS2 right now, and he said point blank an LTE radio will not fit.
    I don't know BMX......he test handsets for VZW?

    I've heard and read otherwise is the reason I'm asking. Not saying anybody is right or wrong. Only have conflicting info

    Edit: info I have heard and read. Verizons handset will be called the Samsung Galaxy 2 4G LTE, model number SCH-i520. As you know SCH-i510 is the Charge.
    Last edited by CK; 05-02-2011 at 08:44 PM.
  19. #19  

    Default

    There are reports of Bionic possibly getting a smaller 4g LTE anttena, so its very possible SII will as well.
  20. #20  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxn View Post
    There are reports of Bionic possibly getting a smaller 4g LTE anttena, so its very possible SII will as well.
    Correcto...here's the the Galaxy SII on 4G

    http://androidcommunity.com/samsungs...izon-20101222/

    edit: Actually I should clarify this post. I am assuming the SCH-i520 is the Galaxy SII since i have not heard of any other Samsungs coming to Verizon besides the Charge and GS2.
    Last edited by CK; 05-02-2011 at 09:11 PM.
  21. #21  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Correcto...here's the the Galaxy SII on 4G

    Samsung’s SCH-I520 Packs 4G and Front-Facing Camera, heading to Verizon | Android Community

    edit: Actually I should clarify this post. I am assuming the SCH-i520 is the Galaxy SII since i have not heard of any other Samsungs coming to Verizon besides the Charge and GS2.
    That's the Charge.
  22. #22  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    I don't know BMX......he test handsets for VZW?

    I've heard and read otherwise is the reason I'm asking. Not saying anybody is right or wrong. Only have conflicting info

    Edit: info I have heard and read. Verizons handset will be called the Samsung Galaxy 2 4G LTE, model number SCH-i520. As you know SCH-i510 is the Charge.
    Let me put it this way; he said that it would not happen. Point blank. No possibility of otherwise.


    The info you posted, along with your pics, is incorrect. That is the Charge.
  23. #23  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxn View Post
    There are reports of Bionic possibly getting a smaller 4g LTE anttena, so its very possible SII will as well.
    Nope. Not happening. BMX has also said Verizon has not approved any revisions of the LTE radio technology that is smaller than the current gen. They're going through the process now, but it would not be available in time for any handsets we already know about.
  24. #24  

    Default

    The form factor at the top of that shot looks an awfully lot like the charge's but this pic seems to have an LED sensor at the top. But s2 is supposed to ship with gb is it not? This is rocking 2.2...

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  25. #25  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmreagle View Post
    The form factor at the top of that shot looks an awfully lot like the charge's but this pic seems to have an LED sensor at the top. But s2 is supposed to ship with gb is it not? This is rocking 2.2...

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    That's the front facing camera.

    This is the Charge. That article is from last December.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions