07-29-2011 01:16 AM
2,861 1234 ...
tools
    WOO! More info on the phone. I just want it now. I'm done waiting. (The end of waiting, my ***)
    05-08-2011 08:09 PM
    time to switch forums and see if the buzz is hot over there. maybe this is the new tegra 2 at 1.2ghz
    05-08-2011 08:12 PM
    This may be old news but the bionic is back on motos website.
    Motorola Mobility, Inc. - Media Center - Fact Sheets - The New DROID BIONIC: Coming Soon
    That's just the link to what you get if you click it on there home page,
    05-08-2011 08:57 PM
    Any version of tegra is unlikely. It was supposedly the source of most is the originals problems and doesn't play nice with the lte handoff.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    05-08-2011 10:36 PM
    I do not know much about the latest version of the LTE radio but there is speculation it may play nicer with Tegra. Having said that, I would still prefer OMAP. Personal preference I guess.

Someone asked earlier about the QHD Screen resolution vs. AMOLED, again this being personal preference I haven't seen a more vibrant screen for colors and blacks than the super AMOLED as well as the superior viewing angles. Even though the screen resolution is less than qHD I prefer the AMOLED.
    05-08-2011 10:44 PM
    crappy motorola junk. same as always.
    05-08-2011 10:55 PM
    crappy motorola junk. same as always.
    Play nice that's not necessary.

Sent from my Droid
    05-08-2011 11:01 PM
    I was on the phone with Motorola yesturday, and I asked about a potential launch month and they said June is what they have in their systems, but a specific date has yet to be published...
    05-08-2011 11:58 PM
    Im hoping it the phone we saw on Droid Life just over a week back.

It had white trimmings, and many people speculated someone just painted the Droid X white.

Do you have a link to that??
    05-09-2011 12:01 AM
    Here is the link. Its not very exciting though, and it was over two weeks ago and we haven't heard anything since then. Take a look and see what you think.

Is this an Unannounced Motorola Multi-core Device? Possibly Targa or Something Beyond? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    05-09-2011 12:16 AM
    I do not know much about the latest version of the LTE radio but there is speculation it may play nicer with Tegra. Having said that, I would still prefer OMAP. Personal preference I guess.

Someone asked earlier about the QHD Screen resolution vs. AMOLED, again this being personal preference I haven't seen a more vibrant screen for colors and blacks than the super AMOLED as well as the superior viewing angles. Even though the screen resolution is less than qHD I prefer the AMOLED.
    The issue wasn't the radio, it was Tegra not being able to handle switching between 4G and 3G, and then overheating because of it. (an issue the all-qualcomm Thunderbolt doesn't have) Revisions to the LTE radios Verizon uses have not been approved, so the new Bionic won't be using anything new. So there are only two options here:

1) Motorola has worked out all of the issues with Tegra and the LTE radio (extremely doubtful, especially in light of the delay for the Xoom)

or

2) The 'new' Bionic uses a TI OMAP 4 dual-core processor in place of Tegra 2.

Because they scrapped the original Bionic completely, option 2 seems to be the only reasonable one. If they were simply working through the issues with Tegra, they wouldn't have committed themselves to a new form-factor and improved specifications. Because Tegra 2 would have been an older chip by the time the Targa came out (if thats truly what's replacing the Bionic), I find it hard to believe they would have included it in Targa to begin with. So that pretty much leaves the OMAP 4 as the only possibility.

Motorola also seems to have an affinity for TI OMAP chips, so I'd bet money that the new Bionic has one.
    05-09-2011 12:57 AM
    Here is the link. Its not very exciting though, and it was over two weeks ago and we haven't heard anything since then. Take a look and see what you think.

Is this an Unannounced Motorola Multi-core Device? Possibly Targa or Something Beyond? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Thanks for the link. I remember seeing that article aswell back when it was first posted. I really would like to hope it doesnt have a sort of hump like the Droid x does, that to me since Im a big guy and have big hands, would be a bit uncomfortable to hold. Im hoping that the back of the phone will take the shape of the thunderbolt. A friend at work has it, and I was holding it and it was a very comfortable phone to hold.
    05-09-2011 02:45 AM
    Thanks Phil!!!
    05-09-2011 05:21 AM
    Actually, this new Droid Bionic is being announced tomorrow at Google I/O as the new Nexus.

A guy can dream...
    05-09-2011 06:00 AM
    Has the little bridies said anything about a GSM version !!!
    I think they called that one the Atrix, sorry I couldn't resist.
    Smuuth likes this.
    05-09-2011 07:19 AM

That side photo looks like this phone DROID Targa and DROID3 Make First Appearances, DROIDX2 Again as MB870 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog so I wonder if they just cannibalized the "targa" for the Bionic.
    05-09-2011 07:24 AM
    Well this is certainly a tease.
    05-09-2011 08:11 AM
    That side photo looks like this phone DROID Targa and DROID3 Make First Appearances, DROIDX2 Again as MB870 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog so I wonder if they just cannibalized the "targa" for the Bionic.
    I'm pretty sure this is already understood. Sure, it's not confirmed, but everyone has been saying for a while the Targa is going to become the Droid Bionic.
    05-09-2011 08:13 AM
    All the TS basically said is, "something is coming".

Which is common knowledge
    05-09-2011 08:22 AM
    All the TS basically said is, "something is coming".

Which is common knowledge
    TS?
    05-09-2011 08:26 AM
    TS?
    Thread Starter, I assume.
    05-09-2011 09:03 AM
    Thread Starter, I assume.
    Oh lol. Yeah, that's Phil...he runs the site. Usually Phil gets pretty good tips, that's why we're all in a tizzy!
    05-09-2011 09:10 AM
    I am glad a bionic is going to be a bionic....who could ever kill such a epic device name?
    05-09-2011 09:21 AM
    I would like this phone before I go to the beach in July!
    05-09-2011 09:23 AM
    I would like this phone before I go to the beach in July!
    For all we know, it could coincide with the one year anni of the Droid X, July 15th...or whatever the closest Thursday is to that.
    05-09-2011 09:32 AM
2,861 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD