Bionic's still coming, is defintely new hardware - XT875

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The little birdies have chirped. The Bionic's on the way, and it's definitely the newer hardware than what we saw at CES. So we're looking at the XT875, not the XT675.

Look for the leaks from the VZW inventory system to start any minute now. (And you brave souls have my e-mail. lol)

Stop being so cryptic and spill the beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Quick search shows somebody was posting all over the net inquiring about this model # back in April. Around the 14th to be exact. In his sig it read he was sending from the Bionic.
"Posted via Tapatalk from my Droid Bionic"

Sent from my Droid

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, awesome! So has this hit Product @ VZW yet? And can you reveal your source? I can't wait to see a few pics and get a spec update!!

Guessing its still Tegra 2, considering the similar number and relative speed at which it was made ready, but that's okay, means it'll (hopefully) come out much sooner!

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The little birdies have chirped. The Bionic's on the way, and it's definitely the newer hardware than what we saw at CES. So we're looking at the XT875, not the XT675.

Look for the leaks from the VZW inventory system to start any minute now. (And you brave souls have my e-mail. lol)

By any minute now do you mean it literally? Like in the next few minutes?

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
YAY Hypebeast round 2.

As long as it's got HDMI mirroring, I'll be happy...

Maybe 1gb of DDR2. free laptop dock. that kinda stuff.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Late May would be wishful thinking, but perhaps a July release is more likely. Verizon still has to test the phone and we know that can take months and months.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Late May would be wishful thinking, but perhaps a July release is more likely. Verizon still has to test the phone and we know that can take months and months.

Months and months is all well and good. But if someone at Verizon had this phone back in April, then we might we seeing this sooner rather than later!! :D

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

DUDE!! how could you do this? "on its way" When? When? newer hardware? What? What's new? New procesor? more ram? dif camera? C'mon man. Now I'm all excited again. I don't think my blood pressure can handle this.

Reactions: corymcnutt

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

If its entirely new hardware, then yes, that would take some time to test. However, if it is in fact a revision, as they say. Obviously they completed a good bit of testing in order to determine that a revision was necessary. At the very least we know the LTE radio has been changed, hopefully there's 1gig of RAM, and we don't know what other changes there are. But I would assume that testing would mainly involve confirming that the issues have been fixed, as well as proving that everything else works as before, and that the changes have not caused any more problems. Then complete whatever testing could not be completed due to the device's failure to be approved, and that's it.

I realize that will still take time, however I don't think it will be nearly as much as a brand new device. Considering how much VZW and Moto both have riding on this device, and how eager they both must be to get it to market after such a delay, I'm thinking they'll want to get this thing finalized as quickly as possible.

blasianguy27

May 25, 2010
Visit site
:'( someone PLEASE tell us something soon! i think i'm going to flip out waiting for this phone. I was going to say forget it and go LG revolution, but now that this has come out, i'm right back to square one......AHHHHHH hurry up MOTO and get your stuff together! Its okay though, cause even though its slow as ever, my OG Droid is still hangin in there!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow, awesome! So has this hit Product @ VZW yet? And can you reveal your source? I can't wait to see a few pics and get a spec update!!

Guessing its still Tegra 2, considering the similar number and relative speed at which it was made ready, but that's okay, means it'll (hopefully) come out much sooner!

Doubtful its Tegra-based. Tegra 2 was the source of most of the issues, so it would be shocking if its still around.

And no, it hasn't hit Verizon yet.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
the droid charge and the galaxy s 2 both haver super amoled plus screens. and apparently, the super amoled plus screens are amazing. how will the droid bionic's display (a qHD display but at a higher resolution) compare to it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt