Bionic's still coming, is defintely new hardware - XT875

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Im hoping it the phone we saw on Droid Life just over a week back.

It had white trimmings, and many people speculated someone just painted the Droid X white.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Im hoping it the phone we saw on Droid Life just over a week back.

It had white trimmings, and many people speculated someone just painted the Droid X white.

I sure hope its not white:confused: I don't like white phones. The only "white" phone I like was the R2D2 D2 phone.

Please drop some specs on us ASAP!!

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
This is the phone I'm waiting on... but if we don't get some details soon, my next device may just end up being the Charge.

I'll be looking for some info on this device all week, now! I'm still not seeing any new info on it!

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Well....at least I have GB on my DX now. Guess that will hold me over until the Bionic comes out. Just getting tired of not having an LTE device.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
time to switch forums and see if the buzz is hot over there. maybe this is the new tegra 2 at 1.2ghz

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Any version of tegra is unlikely. It was supposedly the source of most is the originals problems and doesn't play nice with the lte handoff.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I do not know much about the latest version of the LTE radio but there is speculation it may play nicer with Tegra. Having said that, I would still prefer OMAP. Personal preference I guess.

Someone asked earlier about the QHD Screen resolution vs. AMOLED, again this being personal preference I haven't seen a more vibrant screen for colors and blacks than the super AMOLED as well as the superior viewing angles. Even though the screen resolution is less than qHD I prefer the AMOLED.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I was on the phone with Motorola yesturday, and I asked about a potential launch month and they said June is what they have in their systems, but a specific date has yet to be published...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I do not know much about the latest version of the LTE radio but there is speculation it may play nicer with Tegra. Having said that, I would still prefer OMAP. Personal preference I guess.

Someone asked earlier about the QHD Screen resolution vs. AMOLED, again this being personal preference I haven't seen a more vibrant screen for colors and blacks than the super AMOLED as well as the superior viewing angles. Even though the screen resolution is less than qHD I prefer the AMOLED.

The issue wasn't the radio, it was Tegra not being able to handle switching between 4G and 3G, and then overheating because of it. (an issue the all-qualcomm Thunderbolt doesn't have) Revisions to the LTE radios Verizon uses have not been approved, so the new Bionic won't be using anything new. So there are only two options here:

1) Motorola has worked out all of the issues with Tegra and the LTE radio (extremely doubtful, especially in light of the delay for the Xoom)

or

2) The 'new' Bionic uses a TI OMAP 4 dual-core processor in place of Tegra 2.

Because they scrapped the original Bionic completely, option 2 seems to be the only reasonable one. If they were simply working through the issues with Tegra, they wouldn't have committed themselves to a new form-factor and improved specifications. Because Tegra 2 would have been an older chip by the time the Targa came out (if thats truly what's replacing the Bionic), I find it hard to believe they would have included it in Targa to begin with. So that pretty much leaves the OMAP 4 as the only possibility.

Motorola also seems to have an affinity for TI OMAP chips, so I'd bet money that the new Bionic has one.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is the link. Its not very exciting though, and it was over two weeks ago and we haven't heard anything since then. Take a look and see what you think.

Is this an Unannounced Motorola Multi-core Device? Possibly Targa or Something Beyond? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Thanks for the link. I remember seeing that article aswell back when it was first posted. I really would like to hope it doesnt have a sort of hump like the Droid x does, that to me since Im a big guy and have big hands, would be a bit uncomfortable to hold. Im hoping that the back of the phone will take the shape of the thunderbolt. A friend at work has it, and I was holding it and it was a very comfortable phone to hold.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually, this new Droid Bionic is being announced tomorrow at Google I/O as the new Nexus.

A guy can dream...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon