Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Bionic Case!?

    So i was at Frys over the weekend and looking at all there Cases. Long and Behold i see this!!!







  2. #2  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,806 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,971 Global Posts

    Default

    From what I understand, that's for the XT675 -- the old hardware. :-/
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default

    imagine if it retains the original look.

    heres hoping
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    From what I understand, that's for the XT675 -- the old hardware. :-/
    I am confused, all of the stickers clearly state XT875. Yet you say that its for the XT675????
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I am confused, all of the stickers clearly state XT875. Yet you say that its for the XT675????
    It says XT865 btw,

    also at this point i dont even care how it looks anymore, just release it already.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Interesting... 865 is obviously a mistake, but that's a lot closer to 875 than 675. So maybe this is for the XT875. I don't know why we haven't heard any more information yet, if test units are out and the hardware is complete, why hasn't anyone seen it who's willing to talk about it? As important as this device is, Moto and VZW can't bear much more delay. I would think this would have to launch in about a month or so, much longer and its gonna be completely outclassed. I don't think I can hold out much longer anyway, the Charge is looking better every day.
  7. #7  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiserdude View Post
    Interesting... 865 is obviously a mistake, but that's a lot closer to 875 than 675. So maybe this is for the XT875. .
    XT865 was the CES Bionic.
  8. #8  
    grn4frk's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default

    I bet a lot of accessory manufacturers are pissed at moto since they already had the mold and obviously already started producing units then they just went & changed it on them lol
  9. #9  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grn4frk View Post
    I bet a lot of accessory manufacturers are pissed at moto since they already had the mold and obviously already started producing units then they just went & changed it on them lol
    "Hello Moto, hahaha just made a joke. Listen we are pretty much done with production on the Bionic cases and are about to go live as soon as we get a loose launch date for the phone. "

    "Yeah, yeah well about those dimensions and mock-ups you recieved from us. Yeah uh well you may not want to use them anymore."

    "What do you mean? We have already produced 20,000 units .........in each color."

    "Yeah well uh.....sorry but ummm....well..."

    "What?"

    "We changed the design"

    "WTH do you mean you changed the design??!!!"

    "Yeah well you may want to just throw them all out. We canceled that phone."

    "You kidding me?!!!!!!! You just don't throw out product!!"

    *Click*

    "Hello?.....Hello?...HELLO?!!!........SON OF A!!!"



    Sent from my Droid
  10. #10  
    grn4frk's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default

    ^ hahah probably somewhat of a real depiction of what happened.
  11. #11  

    Default

    i think i figured out what the store is trying to do.

    They figured out that the XT865 is not going to be in production. So they are trying to trick casual buyers that hey the case is out for the bionic, you can buy it ahead of time. And they do then later on realize its not the right case but its too late.

    If the customer complains the store can just say, hey we placed the model # there, that case is for that model of bionic, even though itll never exist.

    Genius.
  12. #12  
    IamJAd's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    "Hello Moto, hahaha just made a joke. Listen we are pretty much done with production on the Bionic cases and are about to go live as soon as we get a loose launch date for the phone. "

    "Yeah, yeah well about those dimensions and mock-ups you recieved from us. Yeah uh well you may not want to use them anymore."

    "What do you mean? We have already produced 20,000 units .........in each color."

    "Yeah well uh.....sorry but ummm....well..."

    "What?"

    "We changed the design"

    "WTH do you mean you changed the design??!!!"

    "Yeah well you may want to just throw them all out. We canceled that phone."

    "You kidding me?!!!!!!! You just don't throw out product!!"

    *Click*

    "Hello?.....Hello?...HELLO?!!!........SON OF A!!!"



    Sent from my Droid

    The conversation months prior:

    "Hey Bob, Moto told us their design is subject to revision, but heyyyyy, when was the last phone that did that? None, right? If we start making these suckers now, we'll be the first to market, and we will be rock stars! We might even get those geek booth models to ...you know... "hang" with us."

    "Great idea, Ted, let's do it!"


    D'OH!!
  13. #13  

Posting Permissions

B