Have Device Discount & Waiting for Bionic?

Are you Waiting Carte Blanche For the Bionic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I didn't vote because I've lost interest.

I said in another thread I'm 99.9% done with this handset. WebTop has killed any interest I have for it. What's the other .1% you ask? Thats the chance it does not come with WebTop Bloat and I buy it.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Even if Verizon puts blotware on this device it will still be amazing. This and the Galaxy S2 are what I'm waiting for. If those two come out and unlimited data is still on I will be getting one of those.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Moto and their lack of news is driving me to look at other phones and that is bad news for them. SII has pulled up even with the Bionic now. My guess is the Bionic will come out a bit before the SII, so it all comes down to reviews. If the Bionic gets some amazing reviews then I'll pick it up. If it has any major problems then I'll go with the SII and wait until next year to purchase a second gen LTE phone, after most of the issues should have been worked out and we should be seeing some very souped up phones using it.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been eligible to upgrade for quite some time now, still waiting for news on this device. I definitely want an LTE device, and I definitely will purchase one before unlimited data plans go away. I would really like a dual-core device, so if either this or an LTE GS2 launch before the cut-off, that's what I'll get. LTE still seems unlikely for the GS2 though, so it'll probably be this, though I'd prefer SAMOLED+ to most any other screen. Its getting very hard to wait though, I'm about to break down and get the Charge if Moto doesn't get their act together and tell me something soon. I've gone from a sure Moto customer, to a 50% chance of going Samsung, to a 66% chance of going Samsung if the GS2 is somehow LTE.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I voted "Still on the fence". But, I've probably almost completely over the fence to the GSII side. I'm really impressed with the GSII and actually strongly prefer it to the Bionic. Unless things like release timeframe or the desire to have LTE overcome me, I'll probably get the GSII instead.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please give me a semi-reliable source that indicates that the GSII will be coming to Verizon?

Ooooh, ooooh, pick me, pick me! :D

I don't know of anything that absolutely says that it will. BMX has stated via Twitter that he anticipates that it will be very similar to the original Galaxy S in that all four carriers get some variant, but he had not seen one for Verizon at the time of his posting. I've heard other rumors and reports stating much of the same (with the possible exception of TMobile not getting it). There was a screen capture from an accessory vendor indicating releases on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. I've also seen that there won't be the variants this time around like there were originally -- all GSII releases will have the same form factor.

Not what you (or I) wanted as far as a reliable source indicating that it's definitely coming to Verizon. But, I can't imagine that it wouldn't.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Understood. So that begs the question that given its same form factor indicates it will be too thin for LTE radio then you would prefer to go without 4G LTE for the next two years?

Also T-Mo is getting a newly rumored phone the Samsung Hercules. Already has released specs and launch date... Bigger screen than GSII, looks pretty BAD!

4.5" Super AMOLED Plus screen
1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor
1 Gig of RAM
NFC
Gingerbread

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Understood. So that begs the question that given its same form factor indicates it will be too thin for LTE radio then you would prefer to go without 4G LTE for the next two years?

Also T-Mo is getting a newly rumored phone the Samsung Hercules. Already has released specs and launch date... Bigger screen than GSII, looks pretty BAD!

4.5" Super AMOLED Plus screen
1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor
1 Gig of RAM
NFC
Gingerbread

As far as hardware specs, IMO the GSII is simply better than what I've seen about the Bionic (although it's unclear how the OMAP will compare to the Exynos). The only real exception is that the Bionic will be LTE. Also, I'm not in an LTE-capable area and Verizon has no plans this year to change that. So, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of LTE until next year at the earliest.

Whether to wait for LTE or go with 3G is a battle that I'm having as I wait for the Bionic and GSII. For me, it's going to depend on a few things. Will the Bionic's hardware specs be that much improved as to come closer or be better than the GSII (including the display where the GSII has a significant advantage)? If so, then I may lean towards getting it over the GSII. Will the GSII not be released until much later this year? If so, then I may lean towards getting the Bionic. But, if the Bionic's specs are what I expect them to be and the GSII is released within the next few months (before Sept), then I'm strongly leaning towards getting the GSII and just go with 3G until I can actually get LTE.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
What do you expect the Bionic specs to be? This is obviously just speculation at this point I am just curious what the general consensus is guessing at this point.

I am hoping they are 1 Gig of Ram, and 1.2 Dual Core Processor. If that is what it actually is or not is yet to be determined. Screen Resolution will be better on the Bionic, however SAMOLED+ gets high marks for vibrant colors/blacks/daylight clarity and overall seems to just look better even with lower resolution.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
What do you expect the Bionic specs to be? This is obviously just speculation at this point I am just curious what the general consensus is guessing at this point.

I am hoping they are 1 Gig of Ram, and 1.2 Dual Core Processor. If that is what it actually is or not is yet to be determined. Screen Resolution will be better on the Bionic, however SAMOLED+ gets high marks for vibrant colors/blacks/daylight clarity and overall seems to just look better even with lower resolution.

I'm hoping for 1GB of RAM, but not sure if it will also have WebTop. If it does, then that'll be disappointing. I'm not expecting anything over a 1-GHz dual core. If it's 1.2-GHz, then I'd be pleasantly surprised. The screen resolution on the Bionic will be higher with the qHD, but I still don't think it will compare to the SAMOLED+ on the GSII, particularly if they go with a pentile LCD on the Bionic. If you haven't done so already, take a look at the Charge's display in person. The SAMOLED+ is amazing.