Costco Bionic Help

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I bought a Charge at Costco last week. I'm hoping to use their 90 day exchange policy to change it out for the Bionic (assuming it comes out within 90 days from last week). However, 90 days from last Tuesday is mid August. Do you think the Bionic will come out by then? If not, I have the option of returning it since I'm still in the 14 day trial period and reopening a line, thereby giving me until early September to exchange the phone. However, this would cost me an additional $41 bucks to do (prorated charges + $25 activation fee). What would you guys recommend?

Plan A: Keep Costco phone (90 days ends mid August).

Plan B: Return current Costco phone; open new line (90 days ends early September and I pay an additional $41).

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I did literally the exact same thing as you on May 23rd; got a Charge at Costco and plan on exchanging for the Bionic. I am gonna go ahead and say it'll be out by the end of August. Rumors have forever been saying a summer release for the Bionic, I'm not really worried. I bet mid-July will be the release; last July was the big release of the Droid X, maybe they'll correspond.

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I did literally the exact same thing as you on May 23rd; got a Charge at Costco and plan on exchanging for the Bionic. I am gonna go ahead and say it'll be out by the end of August. Rumors have forever been saying a summer release for the Bionic, I'm not really worried. I bet mid-July will be the release; last July was the big release of the Droid X, maybe they'll correspond.

Haha. Awesome. So are you just going to hold on to the Charge you got on May 23rd? A lot of the "leakers" have pointed to an August release, with BMX even saying it's coming during the 3rd week of August. If I went with Plan B above, I would definitely be covered for the entire month of August; I'm just trying to decide if 11 extra days are worth $41, a trip to Sprint to port my number from Verizon and then back to Verizon (so I can keep my number).

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Haha. Awesome. So are you just going to hold on to the Charge you got on May 23rd? A lot of the "leakers" have pointed to an August release, with BMX even saying it's coming during the 3rd week of August. If I went with Plan B above, I would definitely be covered for the entire month of August; I'm just trying to decide if 11 extra days are worth $41, a trip to Sprint to port my number from Verizon and then back to Verizon (so I can keep my number).

Yeah, I plan on holding onto the Charge until the Bionic is released. I wanted to lock myself into that Unlimited 4G. If it doesn't come out until after my 90 days, then I'll just return the Charge for $250 and have to bite the bullet and pay full price for Bionic (and I'll sell my spare Droid X).

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I plan on holding onto the Charge until the Bionic is released. I wanted to lock myself into that Unlimited 4G. If it doesn't come out until after my 90 days, then I'll just return the Charge for $250 and have to bite the bullet and pay full price for Bionic (and I'll sell my spare Droid X).

Return it after 90 days? Huh? I thought you couldn't return it after 90 days.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have costco membership.. they are selling it for $250? I'm due for an upgrade, but you guys sure they'll just let's you waltz in before 90 days and just switch to the bionic? (Likely pay 50 extra for the $300 with plan bionic...).

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You should check your contract and paperwork. From what i understand, their return policy on phones is 30 days for an exchange and only 14 days for return. I just got a Fascinate for my wife and thats what I recall.

Also, Verizon is the only one that will do the NE2 discount.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If I do not like my phone, can I exchange my phone for another phone?

Costco.com's exchange policy for cellular phones is 90 days from date of purchase. During the exchange process you will be charged the full retail price for your replacement phone until your original purchase has been returned to us. Upon receipt and processing of your original device we will refund the full price of your replacement phone.

Mobile Phones with Free Shipping and Activation - Mobile Phone Plans from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless

When I spoke with the person I bought my charge from, she said that I could exchange within 90 days from the date of purchase for whatever phone I wanted. The only thing is I hope the bionic comes out within my 90 days.

What do you guys think about returning my charge and restarting my 90 days? :)

lament

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
NE2 = New Every Two.. a discount from Verizon you'd get for sticking with them and reupping at the end of your 2-year with another 2-year (at one point it was $100, then they changed it to $50).

But they ended that program a few months back. Those that had signed contracts prior to the program end date get 1 more NE2 discount of $50.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I manage a kiosk in Costco, so let me lay it down for you. The exchange policy is 90 days, so when the bionic comes out (end of june) you will be able to exchange for it. You would just have to pay the difference if there is one (don't think there will be). However your 90 days does not start over again...its ends 90 days from the original purchase date (regardless of how many times you exchange the phone). We do not honor NE2 credits, but give you instant rebates and free accessories. Costco members take advantage of this god awful policy all the time, so don't be surprised if the reps are a little irritated at first

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
  • Costco's cellular dealer is contractor they allow to operate in the store for their members.
  • You can only do a Verizon discounted upgrade through them if you are in your 20th month. I don't know about the other carriers.
  • If you are in your 20th month and eligible for the discounted device upgrade their price on a phone will be cheaper than the Verizon online discounted price. And you will get some free accessories like Car Charger, Leather Case, and so on according to what they are doing at the time.
  • You also benefit form a more flexible return policy but be sure and read it thoroughly.

You guys doing the upgrade just to return it are the kind that ruins it for the rest of us. Kind of like what happened to stores like Circuit City because people would buy a 60" TV before the Super Bowl to toss a party with and return it under their "No Questions Asked " return policy.
All you have to do is just wait. To brag about a lowlife thing like that publicly is confusing to me. I would be ashamed to admit it.
The policy is to help an unhappy or dissatisfied consumer out of a product. Not to pacify an impatient person that wants to play around.

So when you can no longer find a vendor that offers a return policy as good as Costco's any more remember just why. The day will come I'm sure.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
NE2 = New Every Two.. a discount from Verizon you'd get for sticking with them and reupping at the end of your 2-year with another 2-year (at one point it was $100, then they changed it to $50).

But they ended that program a few months back. Those that had signed contracts prior to the program end date get 1 more NE2 discount of $50.
Thanks, since I started my contract 2years ago in march and haven't upgraded since, do I get that discount.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
  • Costco's cellular dealer is contractor they allow to operate in the store for their members.
  • You can only do a Verizon discounted upgrade through them if you are in your 20th month. I don't know about the other carriers.
  • If you are in your 20th month and eligible for the discounted device upgrade their price on a phone will be cheaper than the Verizon online discounted price. And you will get some free accessories like Car Charger, Leather Case, and so on according to what they are doing at the time.
  • You also benefit form a more flexible return policy but be sure and read it thoroughly.

You guys doing the upgrade just to return it are the kind that ruins it for the rest of us. Kind of like what happened to stores like Circuit City because people would buy a 60" TV before the Super Bowl to toss a party with and return it under their "No Questions Asked " return policy.
All you have to do is just wait. To brag about a lowlife thing like that publicly is confusing to me. I would be ashamed to admit it.
The policy is to help an unhappy or dissatisfied consumer out of a product. Not to pacify an impatient person that wants to play around.

So when you can no longer find a vendor that offers a return policy as good as Costco's any more remember just why. The day will come I'm sure.

True stuff. Thats why companies go for stricter policies, such as 15% restocking fees, or putting in tiered plans.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

It sounds like you work for Wireless Advocates. Unfortunately most Costco members are the same way. They feel a sense of entitlement cause they pay $50 a year to shop there.

tmacfan4321

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
You should check your contract and paperwork. From what i understand, their return policy on phones is 30 days for an exchange and only 14 days for return. I just got a Fascinate for my wife and thats what I recall.
It's a 90 day phone exchange/return policy with Costco. They don't deal with service contract cancellation; after 14 days you can't cancel service without paying an ETF.

I'm thinking about getting the Thunderbolt for free from Amazon tonight if it goes on sale and then selling the bolt off on eBay when the Bionic drops. I hope that the Thunderbolt has a decent resale value in comparison to the Charge. I want one because of HTC's hardware design and updates.

I manage a kiosk in Costco, so let me lay it down for you. The exchange policy is 90 days, so when the bionic comes out (end of june) you will be able to exchange for it. You would just have to pay the difference if there is one (don't think there will be). However your 90 days does not start over again...its ends 90 days from the original purchase date (regardless of how many times you exchange the phone). We do not honor NE2 credits, but give you instant rebates and free accessories. Costco members take advantage of this god awful policy all the time, so don't be surprised if the reps are a little irritated at first

So if I bought the phone on contract from you guys, would I have to use another upgrade to exchange the device for free, or would I just get the phone without using another upgrade?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835