So we just got our first glimpse of the tiered prices...

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It's coming, and it looks hungery for our wallets...

Anyone a little shaken by the new tiered pricing? Afraid that the Bionic won't make the cut in time?

I gotta say, my first gut instinct is to just sit tight with my old Pre+, enjoy the 5 GB of free hotspot and then check my options with other carriers when my contract fully expires...

Thoughts?

-Suntan

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
If you mean the leaked images of the Family plans data pricing, it all depends on how many devices you have in the account. If you have three people with smartphones in your family plan, but who don't eat up much data and just have the phones because... well, they're nice phones, you're paying 90$ just in Data plans to have those phones run.

Share that new $60 plan with your family and everyone can have their smartphones for $30 less. Obviously for those of us who visit these forums, tweak the crap out of our phones and use data like an opera singer eats bacon, the bandwidth limits are scary.

If you just have one phone on a personal account and they want $45 for 10 gigs of Data, then you're still better off than on ATT... no?

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If you mean the leaked images of the Family plans data pricing, it all depends on how many devices you have in the account. If you have three people with smartphones in your family plan, but who don't eat up much data and just have the phones because... well, they're nice phones, you're paying 90$ just in Data plans to have those phones run.

Share that new $60 plan with your family and everyone can have their smartphones for $30 less. Obviously for those of us who visit these forums, tweak the crap out of our phones and use data like an opera singer eats bacon, the bandwidth limits are scary.

If you just have one phone on a personal account and they want $45 for 10 gigs of Data, then you're still better off than on ATT... no?
Kellex said to ignore the prices because they were for broadband, not phones. So we really have no idea at all what the data plans might look like for phones. No clue.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
im pretty scared about it. im about to go to the charge but i really want my bionic! i use 12gb of data on the norm cuz of pandora and navigation....

Liberati0n

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Please stop. I'm just getting so tired of this: unlimited data is here to stay.

Don't believe me? We have been hearing about data caps from ISPs half a decade, not to mention the whole you will have to pay for extra sites.

Bunch of loser bloggers that need advertising revenue.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Don't believe me? We have been hearing about data caps from ISPs half a decade, not to mention the whole you will have to pay for extra sites.

Wow - head, meet sand....

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

youre in for a surprise then

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com

Guess what? ISPs like Comcast actually do have data caps nowadays, albeit large ones. But it's the first step to shrink your allowed bandwidth down further and further, until they have to force you to buy higher bandwidth caps in "premium" packages.

Paying extra to access websites? Turn your back on them for 30 minutes and see what they do. Think it's bad now? Just wait until the Net neutrality movements lose steam.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
love how as soon as something hits the internet someone makes a post about it. Geeze people relax they will come when they come if you are that worried then get a phone now and sell it to buy the bionic or w.e at full retail.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Been seeing P3droid tweeting about 7/07/2011 being the day the tiered prices hit. Any truth to that?

Guess we will find out on the 7th or i would hope before that because if that is the case then I will grab a charge since I have an upgrade and want to lock in the 4g unlimited data. I just wish verizon would tell what they are going to do in terms of grandfathering and what not. If I knew I would be grandfathered then I would wait but there is no way I will lose my unlimited data especially since I am in a 4g area.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So where is the magical screenshot of the tiered and family pricing? Currently I have (2) 3G modems 10GB each and a Droid Charge waiting for 4G in my market due in the next 3-6 months.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
love how as soon as something hits the internet someone makes a post about it.

Also love how there is always that one guy that is ready to jump in and piss in everyone?s Cheerios just because they choose to discuss a recent happening on said internet?

-Suntan

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So where is the magical screenshot of the tiered and family pricing? Currently I have (2) 3G modems 10GB each and a Droid Charge waiting for 4G in my market due in the next 3-6 months.

There was this:

Verizon is Making Changes to Plans on June 26, Family Data Sharing a Possibility? (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

And most recently, this:

Exclusive: Tiered Data Plans Headed to Verizon July 7, Packages Start at $30 for 2GB - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

-Suntan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12