So I just came back from verizon store and i have 3 points to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom74

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that all these verizon reps across the country that are giving the "wink wink im saying no but my smile says yes" are keeping this a secret. I have read several posts on here saying they talked to a rep like this. One of them would have broke down and posted something if it was true. Especially leaked screens of a test unit.

But I will continue to hope anyways since i dont even have a smartphone contract to grandfather.:'(

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe because they have to restock it? Check for damage or missing parts, clear the phone, repackage if necessary, and update the system. All this takes time, even tho it's basically brand new and will be sold as used. Verizon loses profit over this and it's not for having pleasure trips with phones.

You could have just edited your post than making other one.

Also, Verizon still loses profit. They don't like it, but it makes their customers who really need it happy.
Please look at Verizon's income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, and their dividend yield. You're clueless. I have spent over thirteen thousand dollars in the past six years in fees and an additional four thousand dollars in devices. I could have easily got them to waive the restocking fee but I didn't because I thought it was fair and worth it. I bet you're a college student at some liberal arts school. You'll figure it out one day, lad.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that all these verizon reps across the country that are giving the "wink wink im saying no but my smile says yes" are keeping this a secret. I have read several posts on here saying they talked to a rep like this. One of them would have broke down and posted something if it was true. Especially leaked screens of a test unit.

But I will continue to hope anyways since i dont even have a smartphone contract to grandfather.:'(
better get one fast

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Please look at Verizon's income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, and their dividend yield. You're clueless. I have spent over thirteen thousand dollars in the past six years in fees and an additional four thousand dollars in devices. I could have easily got them to waive the restocking fee but I didn't because I thought it was fair and worth it. I bet you're a college student at some liberal arts school. You'll figure it out one day, lad.

If you spend 13k in fees and 4k on devices, you have some serious problems. In fact, everything you just stated means nothing and is no way an argument, other than claiming I go to a liberal arts school, lad.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If you spend 13k in fees and 4k on devices, you have some serious problems. In fact, everything you just stated means nothing and is no way an argument, other than claiming I go to a liberal arts school, lad.
Am I wrong? It's pure economics. They will charge a restocking fee that is PROFITABLE for them. If not, they would raise it to such a level as to eliminate that behavior. You are correct that they charge the fee because they have to restock it, etc...It is a pure, equitable exchange. I am also glad to see that you're learning some quality things in psych class as well. No problems here. I have spent that money because I can.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Glad you didn't bother to look at those financials, either. They are stated in thousands, so be sure to add three zeros to the numbers.

kamek89

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

6 years and $4k on devices? How many devices do u have? even if you had a family plan for 4 devices and upgraded every 2 years paying 200$/device it would come out to $2,400. So how many devices do you have?!?! or how did you come up with $4k?

Also, if your saying you paid $13k in fees that would come out to $180 per month in fees. What kind of plan do you have that makes you pay that much? Obviously not a typical customers expenses

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe because they have to restock it? Check for damage or missing parts, clear the phone, repackage if necessary, and update the system. All this takes time, even tho it's basically brand new and will be sold as used. Verizon loses profit over this and it's not for having pleasure trips with phones.

You could have just edited your post than making other one.

Also, Verizon still loses profit. They don't like it, but it makes their customers who really need it happy.

I would like to dispute their losses. The charge will become a certified preowned and sell for $50 less. Vzw only takes a $15 hit but make it up by having a customer on a two year contract. They will be fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I would like to dispute their losses. The charge will become a certified preowned and sell for $50 less. Vzw only takes a $15 hit but make it up by having a customer on a two year contract. They will be fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

they also use it as replacement phones...helping lower their cost still

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
6 years and $4k on devices? How many devices do u have? even if you had a family plan for 4 devices and upgraded every 2 years paying 200$/device it would come out to $2,400. So how many devices do you have?!?! or how did you come up with $4k?

Also, if your saying you paid $13k in fees that would come out to $180 per month in fees. What kind of plan do you have that makes you pay that much? Obviously not a typical customers expenses
I buy a new smartphone every six months for my wife and me. I have a Xoom and my wife has an IPad. I have unlimited voice (family plan) and unlimited data for two smartphones. Insurance on all devices. City ID, ringback tones, VCast. I also had a Verizon hub. I usually sell my old phones on eBay, so it mitigates it somewhat. I don't really care because the benefits in productivity that these devices offer far outweigh the costs involved.

jaymelanie

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Ummm....Oxn? When you said tonight, did you mean today? Or tonight? I'm confused:confused:. I live in the Boston area, so having Whitey Bulger caught makes today a great day. But if there was an announcement about the Bionic today as well, it would be a freakin' awesome day!

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Oxn failed to produce.. luckily I am wasn't one of the true believers. All you true believers need to commit Harakiri. Sorry. But if you could send me your current devices first that would be awesome.

Thanks.

lungspin

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Testt, are we to understand that you are worried about taking a few dollars from the carrier with the highest rates on phone contracts in America but still maintains the highest number of subscriptions? I could rob their entire stock room of everything they have and it wouldn't make a slight dent in their profits.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, i really am sorry.

There is no news, i was just messing with you guys. But sometimes you make it so easy, and i got tempted.

Again i am sorry.

I wanted to tell you last night, but i was too busy messing with my new phone to come on.

For anyone hesitant on the Charge. Dont be. Its amazing. Well built. 4G blew my mind.
i downloaded a tv show in 5 minutes or less. Its almost as fast as my home cable network.

Once you go 4G, you cant go back.

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
Hi guys, i really am sorry.

There is no news, i was just messing with you guys. But sometimes you make it so easy, and i got tempted.

Again i am sorry.

I wanted to tell you last night, but i was too busy messing with my new phone to come on.

For anyone hesitant on the Charge. Dont be. Its amazing. Well built. 4G blew my mind.
i downloaded a tv show in 5 minutes or less. Its almost as fast as my home cable network.

Once you go 4G, you cant go back.

chiyo-chan-angry.jpg

CalBear96

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. that was extremely lame. With all the talk of the newly leaked and "confirmed" tiered pricing and the anecdotal evidence of an impending Bionic release, to say something like he did was really uncalled for.:mad:

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
Anecdotal evidence? One article assumed the Bionic would be launched at the beginning of July solely based on the fact that the free Mobile Hotspot from Verizon would end around that date and that was it. It was nothing but speculation.

If Motorola is going to launch a device to capitalize on the new Data plans, that device will probably be the Droid 3 which was already released in China, thus technically market-ready. While we don't have "evidence" that the Bionic WON'T be launched in July, everything (including insiders as we've discussed at the beginning of the month) is pointing towards an August release at the earliest.

Seriously, what device has managed to be kept so secret that two weeks before its supposed release the Internet doesn't know about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21