How much will the Bionic cost?

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen this talked about in quite a while and since something is in the air I would like to get you guys opinion. Based on the release of the last 3 LTE phones and the new technology (??) that the Bionic brings to the table, how much do you think the Bionic will sell for on a two year contract? Or full price if you don't have an upgrade.

Since there was a little initial rumblings about the Charges original price, what would be to much?

I'm gonna start of guessing $250 with a two year contract to go head to head with the TB and Rev.

Pur3vil

May 17, 2011
Visit site
$299 would be my guess too. I'd like it to be $250, but realistically I'm thinking it will cost at least as much as the Charge, if not more.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe $250 because they are coming so late to the table and most of the masses have already moved on.
Since competitive phones can be found on other carriers, they have to contend with Verizon's LTE lineup as well as potentially better phones and cheaper plans at other carriers.

It would have been different if they would have come out two or three months ago because a dual core 4G phone would have still been a novelty.

I may be wrong though. I usually am!:D

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Ohhh, Ohhh a new Topic, I like it... ;) My best Guess would be $299 as well.

I am trying to recall what was said about this topic before. I want to say that it was discussed in a quarterly meeting or something of the sorts, and that the answer gave a range of the higher end smartphones running form $250 up to $350 possibly. Does anyone else recall what I am talking about?

Edit: We have to consider the combo price including the Webtop to be competitive with the Atrix combo price and the Photon Combo price. I am not sure what the other carriers are charging.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The way the last few days have been going I wouldn’t be completely surprised if VZW doesn’t make you buy it from Moto for full price and then require that you ask them *with hat in hand* if you could please use it on their network?

…and yes, they would make you come in wearing a hat, just to make you take it off in front of them…

but yeah, no chance this thing will be less than $300.

-Suntan

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ohhh, Ohhh a new Topic, I like it... ;) My best Guess would be $299 as well.

I am trying to recall what was said about this topic before. I want to say that it was discussed in a quarterly meeting or something of the sorts, and that the answer gave a range of the higher end smartphones running form $250 up to $350 possibly. Does anyone else recall what I am talking about?

Edit: We have to consider the combo price including the Webtop to be competitive with the Atrix combo price and the Photon Combo price. I am not sure what the other carriers are charging.

I think I saw an add on here that the Atrix (dubbed the worlds most powerful smartphone) is selling for $99 at ATT with a two year contract. Its apparent flop has to have Motorola/Verizon a little nervous to not be too zealous.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think I would pass at $350 (too high in my opinion). I would just get a charge or thunderbolt and wait to use another upgrade for the second generation LTE devices this time next year.
The subsidized prices are creeping to high to full retail already.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I saw an add on here that the Atrix (dubbed the worlds most powerful smartphone) is selling for $99 at ATT with a two year contract. Its apparent flop has to have Motorola/Verizon a little nervous to not be too zealous.

The Atrix is currently available on Amazon for $29 with a two year contract. Motorola and AT&T absolutely screwed over the early-adopters who did a "pre-order" for the Atrix and paid $199.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Atrix is currently available on Amazon for $29 with a two year contract. Motorola and AT&T absolutely screwed over the early-adopters who did a "pre-order" for the Atrix and paid $199.

I remember my brother was an I-Phone early adopter who got screwed when they dropped the price after a couple of months. At least they sent him a $100 I-Phone store credit to try to heal the wounds.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What about full retail? The Charge goes for $700 and is hardly worth that retail price, so hopefully Moto isn't going to play the we cost more than Samsung retail crap.

umgoblue80

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
that price Amazon gives is loaded with small print.

For example, it is for a new, primary line. If your a secondary line the price goes up, if you're just upgrading but you're primary there's another price.

if you're a secondary and you're upgrading, you may as well just get it from the store. Amazon returns are a pain in the arse

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Also price drops are always going to happen. The early adopter will ALWAYS pay more than someone that waits it out a bit. Heck, something like 4 months after the OG Droid dropped they started a BOGO on it.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
that price Amazon gives is loaded with small print.

For example, it is for a new, primary line. If your a secondary line the price goes up, if you're just upgrading but you're primary there's another price.

if you're a secondary and you're upgrading, you may as well just get it from the store. Amazon returns are a pain in the arse
Amazons returns are as much a pain as any other Online wireless store.

Say you have 14day buyer remorse on verizon. The processing and shipping to you and back days all add up, so you dont really have 14days to really know. its more like 5 days. Thats whats bad about purchasing phones online.

Also you then have to call verizon up to reverse your upgrade, and thats another process.

Overall i would not buy a contract phone online again. I rather pay a little more in store.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Based on the info I'm gonna say with two year contract $299.00 (~$650 retail).
They don't dare go any more because they have to salvage whats left of those who waited it out and also need to get back some of those who got tired of waiting months ago and selected other options.
I may wait a few weeks longer to see if the software bugs will be major or insignificant. In the meantime I would suspect the other 3 LTE devices to be offered at huge discounts which would be hard to pass up. Hopefully this also puts pressure on HTC to fix the issues with the Thunderbolt (my current second choice) to try to stay in the competition.
I have two lines eligible for upgrade so I am thinking strategic here.
If the GSII is around the corner (assuming its 4G) I would like to see the side by side comparisons.
Samsung seems to have the edge in getting out a good dual processor phone. The 4G LTE may be a challenge for them also.
My DroidX is still serving the purpose for now but I have to admit I have the 4G bug Bad!
Who knows?

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Amazons returns are as much a pain as any other Online wireless store.

Say you have 14day buyer remorse on verizon. The processing and shipping to you and back days all add up, so you dont really have 14days to really know. its more like 5 days. Thats whats bad about purchasing phones online.

Also you then have to call verizon up to reverse your upgrade, and thats another process.

Overall i would not buy a contract phone online again. I rather pay a little more in store.
actually the one good thing is they dont have a restocking fee like verizon, or maybe bestbuy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20