Droid Bionic Release Date?

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
There is plenty of reason to lie but I agree I dont think he/she was but yes moto needs to make this a true beast of a phone if it is buggy and laggy like the DX2 it could be the end for moto. I mean especially with the gs2 getting such great reviews already the bionic is what I want but i will wait a few days once it is out to grab it to see reviews. Hopefully moto listened to what people had to say and redesigned the bionic to try and be the true" end of waiting" Maybe that is why they stuck the dx2 with froyo and 512mb ram?

Only time will tell!! But why not just get the bionic when it comes out and return it if you don't like it?

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please catch me up on the Bionic? The original phone was obviously canelled. Then people said the Targa would now be called the Bionic, but the original Targa was first expected by the end of this year. Could they really rush it into production by this summer? Does not seem likely. But someone else said there's been tweets saying it's actually undergone a 2nd revision. So is it now something different from the Targa??? Are many people really seriously expecting it next month?

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Only time will tell!! But why not just get the bionic when it comes out and return it if you don't like it?

Most likely I will like it if it is anything like the DX. But i got a charge and returned it because for awhile people werent sure if I would be grandfathered once I upgraded. But I still have some faith in moto to really make this phone one I(and many others) will really enjoy. Im sure there will be some who dont like it but thats with every phone.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please catch me up on the Bionic? The original phone was obviously canelled. Then people said the Targa would now be called the Bionic, but the original Targa was first expected by the end of this year. Could they really rush it into production by this summer? Does not seem likely. But someone else said there's been tweets saying it's actually undergone a 2nd revision. So is it now something different from the Targa??? Are many people really seriously expecting it next month?

It is just using the codename targa. The bionic got a new processor, new form factor and probably new internals. Latest on the street is july 28 launch but we will see if this holds true.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It is just using the codename targa. The bionic got a new processor, new form factor and probably new internals. Latest on the street is july 28 launch but we will see if this holds true.
My recollection is that the Targa program was in existence prior to the Bionic being cancelled. When the Bionic was cancelled, they just moved up the next LTE phone in their pipeline (the Targa) and started calling it the Bionic so people would not realize the Bionic was a failed phone and just think it had been improved upon. Is that not true? I haven't really followed it after the original Bionic was cancelled, but now I'm trying to get up to speed 'cause I have an upgrade available on my wife's line. If my ThunderBolt doesn't make more progress over the next month or so, I may be looking more closely at the Bionic/Targa/whatever.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My recollection is that the Targa program was in existence prior to the Bionic being cancelled. When the Bionic was cancelled, they just moved up the next LTE phone in their pipeline (the Targa) and started calling it the Bionic so people would not realize the Bionic was a failed phone and just think it had been improved upon. Is that not true? I haven't really followed it after the original Bionic was cancelled, but now I'm trying to get up to speed 'cause I have an upgrade available on my wife's line. If my ThunderBolt doesn't make more progress over the next month or so, I may be looking more closely at the Bionic/Targa/whatever.

Yes targa was next but if you look at the leaked pics you will see it is different and they just took the targa codename and used it once they scrapped the original bionic. you can read all these sites and see.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes targa was next but if you look at the leaked pics you will see it is different and they just took the targa codename and used it once they scrapped the original bionic. you can read all these sites and see.
Thanks. What's the most reliable leak in your opinion? I've been seeing something about a 4.5" screen and the webtop software. Somebody even said something about a kickstand? Any word on what modem they're using?

Thanks, Robrecht

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. What's the most reliable leak in your opinion? I've been seeing something about a 4.5" screen and the webtop software. Somebody even said something about a kickstand? Any word on what modem they're using?

Thanks, Robrecht

From what is floating around the web it is saying webtop and the 4.5 inch screen came from some chinese site so i wouldnt put much stock in that. I think they will go with 4.3 inch screen but who knows. and all of the leaked pics none of them had a kickstand so i would say it wont have one but who knows it can all change by the time it gets released.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
From what is floating around the web it is saying webtop and the 4.5 inch screen came from some chinese site so i wouldnt put much stock in that. I think they will go with 4.3 inch screen but who knows. and all of the leaked pics none of them had a kickstand so i would say it wont have one but who knows it can all change by the time it gets released.
Thanks. Anyone know what modem is being used? Aw heck, maybe I just have to go read Winston's long thread over at HoFo's.

Thanks, Robrecht

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Sims227

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's coming out some time between now and September 21st. Most are speculating some time in August.

If you want something now, people seem to be happy with the Samsung Droid Charge which has already been released.

If you are willing to wait, the 2 big Verizon phones on the horizon are the Samsung Galaxy S2 (not the Fascinate, that came out last year) and the Droid Bionic.

If you need 4G and need a more rugged phone, the Bionic is probably the one for you. If you want blazing fast, and a more vibrant display, the Galaxy S2 is probably the one for you.

Best thing to do is do some research on the above phones, and decide for yourself.

Samsung galaxy 2 for verizon is coming end of august beginning of september sometime.
Samsung now is focusing on the galaxy tabs 10.1 and 8.9 before they put their focus on galaxy s2. This info comes straight from a samsung us regional rep. I wish I knew a motorola rep. Verizon is really letting me down. I feel like moving to sprint everyday.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Samsung galaxy 2 for verizon is coming end of august beginning of september sometime.
Samsung now is focusing on the galaxy tabs 10.1 and 8.9 before they put their focus on galaxy s2. This info comes straight from a samsung us regional rep. I wish I knew a motorola rep. Verizon is really letting me down. I feel like moving to sprint everyday.

So you leave and then realize how much better verizon is and then you wont be able to get unlimited data.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Only thing Verizon has to offer is great coverage. Unfortunately thats all they have to offer and unfortuantely it's the most important thing.

Such is life on Big Red

Yeah but they will get better phones I mean the droid 3 and bionic will compete with any high end phone on the other carriers so once they release those two then it will be different. Not to mention more manufacturers will make high end LTE phones for verizon.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but they will get better phones I mean the droid 3 and bionic will compete with any high end phone on the other carriers so once they release those two then it will be different. Not to mention more manufacturers will make high end LTE phones for verizon.

The Droid 3 with it's 512MB of RAM is ridiculous in this day and age. I mean seriously? and the Bionic.......well you know how I feel about that handset :)

Sprint is just racking up the best hardware in my opinion. Verizons line-up is anemic compared to them. I'm out of contract and would love to just move over but Sprint just doesn't cut it.

Who should I be mad at for putting me in this predicament Verizon or Sprint? Probably both lol

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The Droid 3 with it's 512MB of RAM is ridiculous in this day and age. I mean seriously? and the Bionic.......well you know how I feel about that handset :)

Sprint is just racking up the best hardware in my opinion. Verizons line-up is anemic compared to them. I'm out of contract and would love to just move over but Sprint just doesn't cut it.

Who should I be mad at for putting me in this predicament Verizon or Sprint? Probably both lol

512mb ram isnt that big of a killer for the droid 3. To me it just sounds like you dislike verizon but really 512 is fine unless you play ton of games which if you do then maybe the droid 3 isnt for you anyway. And to be honest TMO has better hardware than sprint by a longshot. But to most that isnt a viable option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol