Definitely July! [edit]

Da Black Mamba

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Believe me or not, I just wanted to share this with you guys. I work in a Best Buy Mobile in Jersey, and i had an interesting visit from our district VZW rep. She primarily came to discuss the new "customer friendly data packages" and whatnot. However, after some conversation, i blatantly asked her about the Bionic and Droid 3. To my surprise, she said without hesitation "i'd put my money on july 14th for the d3, and the bionic a couple of weeks after that".

I was skeptical at first, but she then proceeded to give my team and I our study guides for the capped data, and showed me pictures of her motorola training for both devices. She said there are 5 confirmed devices coming to VZW, one being a tablet. Believe me or not, I strongly believe in what she was saying is true. I'll try to take pictures of all of this tomorrow or tuesday, whichever day she comes back. In the mean time, have faith!

p.s. : anyone want to buy a droid charge ? :]

edit: can't get the pics up just pm me with ur email and ill email you guys them. I've got all the details on capped data; waiting for my vzw rep to bring our training guides on the d3 and bionic

Last edited:

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Definitely July!

Wow. This is great news. I can't wait to see the pics that you can get. Thanks for the info!!

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site

so still a month away at least. sigh was hoping to have this device in my hands back in ... feb? april? i forgot when. but i'll probably end up buying this on craigslist. heres to the end of waiting!

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Believe me or not, I just wanted to share this with you guys. I work in a Best Buy Mobile in Jersey, and i had an interesting visit from our district VZW rep. She primarily came to discuss the new "customer friendly data packages" and whatnot. However, after some conversation, i blatantly asked her about the Bionic and Droid 3. To my surprise, she said without hesitation "i'd put my money on july 14th for the d3, and the bionic a couple of weeks after that".

I was skeptical at first, but she then proceeded to give my team and I our study guides for the capped data, and showed me pictures of her motorola training for both devices. She said there are 5 confirmed devices coming to VZW, one being a tablet. Believe me or not, I strongly believe in what she was saying is true. I'll try to take pictures of all of this tomorrow or tuesday, whichever day she comes back. In the mean time, have faith!

p.s. : anyone want to buy a droid charge ? :]
Im hoping what she said is accurate! But pictures would be nice :p

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

I was skeptical at first, but she then proceeded to give my team and I our study guides for the capped data, and showed me pictures of her motorola training for both devices

What do you know about Owning a 3G phone now, and "Upgrading" to a 4g Device after 7/7??
IE: I have a OG droid now, my NE2 is 7/6 and I wait until 7/28 until I buy a 4G phone. Will I still be grandfathered into unlimited data? If the answer is yes can you post the information you have that directly addressees that scenario? This is still an area people do not feel comfortable about.

Thank you!

Da Black Mamba

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

What do you know about Owning a 3G phone now, and "Upgrading" to a 4g Device after 7/7??
IE: I have a OG droid now, my NE2 is 7/6 and I wait until 7/28 until I buy a 4G phone. Will I still be grandfathered into unlimited data? If the answer is yes can you post the information you have that directly addressees that scenario? This is still an area people do not feel comfortable about.

Thank you!

You will be able to keep your unlimited data. I specifically asked her that question about 3g to 4g because my wife currently has the droid 2 and i was worried about the same thing. The study guides she gave us have this info. However, be careful. She flat out told me and my team to tell customers they need to change their plan. I love verizon service and the verizon people i've worked with, but to them its all about the money.

As for your new every two, they'll also honor that just make sure it doesn't expire. And unfortunately we don't honor new every two credits at Best Buy :[

EDIT: I'll try to get those pictures for you guys asap.

Last edited:

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com

This man sounds legit and the information we have matches his claims. Just because one month ago the target release date was set for August doesn't mean it couldn't have changed. It's for sure more plausible than July 7th, so I'm confident we'll see the Bionic sooner than previously thought.

Of course, having a target release date is one thing... getting it out the door... well that's completely different :D

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks DBM, but what do you mean about telling customers that they need to change their plans? If you change your plan from 3G to 4G then doesn't that make you loose unlimited?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Depending on how the D3 looks and if the rumors hold true for the Bionic hitting a few weeks later my Charge will be getting traded in.

Hokiecow

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

There is a different in pushing a plan change and telling them they 'need' to change it.

So can you pick up the Bionic and keep your unlimited data plan?

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

There is a different in pushing a plan change and telling them they 'need' to change it.

So can you pick up the Bionic and keep your unlimited data plan?

As long as you have unlimited data yes. Of course they are going to say you need a different plan that way they can make more money. Doesnt mean you have to do what they say.

Reactions: Da Black Mamba

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

It would be nice to see something From VZW stating that 3G unlimited prior too 7/7 will get you grandfathered in too 4G after 7/7. I want something I can print off from Verizon and take in there on 7/28 when the Bionic comes out (hypothetically speaking) and say NO you SOB's I am not going to have to sign a Tiered Data contract it says so RIGHT HERE!

I have a feeling that me printing off the tweet that Droid-Life posted probably wouldn't hold much weight in the Verizon Store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles