Soft bricked and can't flash anything. plz help!

Veregund

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys -

I think what I did wrong was try to flash StockED1 via ODIN while lagfix was enabled, and now I'm soft bricked and everything I try to flash via odin fails. Plz help, as I need a phone today! Thanks

Update: I got voodoo nicely flashed on now. But now I have a further problem: I can't open my text messages. Every time I try, it gets a force close. Sorry for all the problems; i have the worst luck with this stuff. Thanks

Last edited:

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys -

I think what I did wrong was try to flash StockED1 via ODIN while lagfix was enabled, and now I'm soft bricked and everything I try to flash via odin fails. Plz help, as I need a phone today! Thanks

Update: I got voodoo nicely flashed on now. But now I have a further problem: I can't open my text messages. Every time I try, it gets a force close. Sorry for all the problems; i have the worst luck with this stuff. Thanks

Have you tried booting into recovery, wiping data/cache and reflashing whatever you're currently running?

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've installed the stock image via Odin even while lagfix was enabled multiple times and have never encountered problems. I think the lagfix needs to be disabled if you're installing via CWM.

I sometimes get problems when using Odin for strange reasons. What always works for me: putting in the battery after the yellow triangle image comes up on my phone (from pressing volume down key).

LANAtron

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The first thing to try would be to clear cache and clear defaults.

Settings/applications/manage applications/"All" tab, click on Messenging/Clear cache then do Clear default.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Veregund

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset, and everything seems to be working great. However, my GPS is now not working. When I try to, say, use navigation, it just sticks on "Searching for GPS." GPS is enabled on my phone. Any ideas?