1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    GummyCharged EP1Q

Default Gingerbread 2.3 for Samsung Droid Charge Leaked!!

Can anyone confirm this works for them? It reverts it back to complete stock UI right?

Whats your guy's opinions? Is it worth to manual back-up and flash, or just wait till the real update comes out and is built into ROMS?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Gingerbread 2.3 for Samsung Droid Charge Leaked!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post

Can anyone confirm this works for them? It reverts it back to complete stock UI right?

Whats your guy's opinions? Is it worth to manual back-up and flash, or just wait till the real update comes out and is built into ROMS?
    If you're asking if it reverts it to stock Android, then no. It is still touchwiz, and its still Verizon's ugly theme.

Don't flash this though. It doesn't work well and is missing features.

ROM
    EE4/Gummy 1.8.1/PBJT

There are some gb roms on xda, if you all are interested. They are quite beta though.

FYI any and all GB ROMs to date for the Charge will be based of the leak. that is the only file to date gotten and posted publicly to work from. IMO tho as mentioned it is not worth it. It is a way early build that came out of Samsung and has issues with it it. Nowhere near ready from prime time use. i've tried a couple of differnet GB builds so far o nmy charge and have consistantly went back to Froyo as it is a much better/stable build

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I got excited for a min, I thought it was a new leak
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    I got excited for a min, I thought it was a new leak
    Not to worry as there is another one (maybe more) coming in short order from what I'm hearing. Its going threw some testing stages still to see what is or is not working properly.

ROM
    Gummy Charged GB

excited to see GB but the ROMS need work esp if you picky. Confirmed if you have CWM recovery you can go right back to Froyo roms and keep the GB baseband it worked for me or flash radio too etc.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    GummyCharged EP1Q

-rhetorical-
    So I guess the question now is, how long till Samsung is going to release the official 2.3.4 for the DC?

-not rhetorical-

Does anyone have a working version of CWM that can back up and restore? If so, can you shoot a link my way?

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    -rhetorical-
    So I guess the question now is, how long till Samsung is going to release the official 2.3.4 for the DC?

-not rhetorical-

Does anyone have a working version of CWM that can back up and restore? If so, can you shoot a link my way?
    Word traveling I've gotten is hopefully in Aug there will be an official release depending on how testing goes. The current leak is not even the newest build anymore but even in the newer one there is a few minor issues from what I'm told.

as for CWM no there is not working version for backing up and restoring. And word of mouth is it is highly unlikely we will ever have one fully working on the Charge