Rooted last night - worse battery life?

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So last night I followed the post by chadness: http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-charge-rooting-roms-hacks/93866-how-get-rooted-version-ee4.html#post999590

It was a breeze, took probably less than 15 minutes. I installed imnuts's PeanutButta Jelly Time kernel with voodoo lagfix and imnut's EE4 Debloated 4.2.1 ROM.

After all was said and done (reinstalled all my apps and stuff), I charged my phone up to 100% and then unplugged it and let it sit. I went back about 3 hours later and I was down at 71%! No calls, no texts, didn't even turn the display on during the 3 hours. I checked my battery usage and it said the Maps app was using about 9%! I always leave the GPS on, as well as latitude, but it never sucked battery this much before I rooted.

All morning I had GPS turned off and it seems to be sucking battery no different than when before I rooted. Did I pick a bad kernel/ROM combo (if that even matters)? The main reason I rooted was to try and improve the battery life.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I rooted with those same instructions and I feel my battery life might be worst too. Haven't had the time to troubleshoot . I think it may be bc I didn't clear cache or resett the battery before rooting.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a significant improvement in my battery life since rooting/ROMing. I can easily make it through the day with moderate to heavy use of texting, email, web browsing and the occasional Angry Birds session.

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a significant improvement in my battery life since rooting/ROMing. I can easily make it through the day with moderate to heavy use of texting, email, web browsing and the occasional Angry Birds session.

Which ROM and kernel are you using?

porkshanker

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I personally didnt care for the EE4 debloat... first off the setupwizard crashed for me off the start. When I would go look at running app setup wizard was always there taxing my cpu .. anyone else notice this?

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I personally didnt care for the EE4 debloat... first off the setupwizard crashed for me off the start. When I would go look at running app setup wizard was always there taxing my cpu .. anyone else notice this?
Don't notice anything like that. I just have to leave GPS turned off. If I have it on I lose about 10% battery every 20-30 minutes...

porkshanker

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
thats odd I am the only one seeing that issue with the EE4 Debloat rom. Amuze me go look at running applications does setupwizard show a high cpu time? Even after a reboot it goes right back to it.

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
;1086565 said:

My battery life also seemed to improve at first, but now it is back to pre-root life. I am using the Gingerbread debloated ROM.

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using PBJT Kernel with voodoo lagfix. Stock ROM.

Battery life seems to be worse for me too. I took it off the charger about two hours ago and have not used the phone at all and I'm already down to 85% battery. Hmmm.

Now that we're rooted is there some sort of underclock utility to use to save battery life?

dredin

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Peanut Butter Jelly Time kernel with the GummyCharged v1.8 ROM

Is this with the voodoo lagfix? I wonder if that's the issue for me. I also am having awful battery life. Don't want to go through returning to stock, but I can't sit next to a charger all day either.
unplug at about 7am
Pre-root I wouldn't have to plug in my phone until late afternoon, maybe 3pm at 40% battery.
Post-root I've started plugging it in around 9am at 75% battery to prevent it from getting too low.

Is the battery readout wrong I wonder?

Not sure, I had my OG Droid rooted for the last year with very few problems. The DC is faster after I rooted however. I used PBJT w/voodoo lagfix and gummycharged 1.8 - any advice? Should I wipe and flash again?

anon(368058)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Several varying methods, but they basically all do the same thing.

-Charge to 100%
-Boot into CWM and wipe battery stats
-Reboot and drain battery until it dies
-Charge while leaving phone off, until 100%
-Boot and enjoy a calibrated battery

scubaz71

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I also found out that when I go to bed I just turn off the mobile data. By doing this my email quits looking for new emails but I can still get phone calls and text messages. My battery life is great now. I can go to bed at 10:30-6:30am and still have 89% left when I get up. Then when I get up in the morning I just turn it back on and then new emails start coming in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary