After restoring

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
See my thread Google Services Framework for the front end of my rooting story....

I have restored to factory, did restore to E1, ota updated to E4.

When I look in my SD card, I have a Voodoo folder, and Titanium back up folder; stuff from rooting yesterday I assume.

Should I screw up the courage to try and root again, are these things safe to be on my SD card, or will they interfere with a new rooting process??

How to I make my phone as "clean" as possible to start a new rooting procedure? So there is no interference from old data on my SD card? Or will a new flash over write the old stuff?

TIA

Daemonax

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry you had issues with rooting, I thought we had you all set. For what it's worth, I've had those issues with various ROMs, as well. Usually, a factory reset and reflash works.

When you do a factory reset, it'll clear out what it needs on the SD card. You can remove the Voodoo folder if you are on the OTA. I would keep the Titanium Backup folder for reasons that should be obvious. I hardly ever clean out my SD card.

If you truly want a "clean" phone, you can format the SD card, but you will loose everything on it.