Google Talk from Gingerbread?

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks,

I've read on forums for other Android phones that if you root your phone, you can install the latest version of Google Talk that comes with Gingerbread. It will allow you to video chat with the front facing camera. Does anyone know where I can get the latest google Talk from gingerbread that will work on Droid Charge?

noobsickle

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
"Google Talk from Gingerbread"??? Google Talk's video chat only works on Gingerbread 2.3. Currently, the droid charge runs on Froyo 2.2.1. You can root and get the leaked version gingerbread (though I heard it is buggy). Once you have gingerbread just get whatever Google talk version is in the app store and theoretically you should be able to use the video chat. I haven't been following the leaked gingerbread thread to know for sure though.

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
"Google Talk from Gingerbread"??? Google Talk's video chat only works on Gingerbread 2.3. Currently, the droid charge runs on Froyo 2.2.1. You can root and get the leaked version gingerbread (though I heard it is buggy). Once you have gingerbread just get whatever Google talk version is in the app store and theoretically you should be able to use the video chat. I haven't been following the leaked gingerbread thread to know for sure though.

No. Other forums are suggesting to install the latest version of Google Talk (that comes with Gingerbread) on the current Froyo version.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
No. Other forums are suggesting to install the latest version of Google Talk (that comes with Gingerbread) on the current Froyo version.

I find that hard to believe seeing as it won't work. If it is then it has to be a hacked/ported version of Gtalk to work on Froyo as the GB version WILL NOT work correctly