Gummy Gingerbread Noobish Question

DawgPoundMBA

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I see that the gingerbread based gummy install instructions say:

'* You MUST be on the Gingerbread leak EP1F before you can install this' and 'Full Odin coming soon! - credit - danalo1979'

Now I see that the Odin is out. Does this mean that we dontneed to upgrade to the gingerbread leak first because it is in the Odin? If not can someone link me to the EP1F file? I can find it.

Thanks for your time.

Daemonax

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The leak can be found over on XDA: [ODIN] [ROM] [EP1F] Gingerbread 2.3.4 full leak.

If you flash from recovery using a ZIP file, you will need to be on the leak first, as you can't flash the modem this way. If the Odin file states that it has the modem, the kernel, & the ROM, than you don't need to do the leak first. Kejar31's GummyCharged GBE (XDA) is all inclusive, but there are a few caveats. Follow the directions. Danalo1979's Humble 2.1 says in the directions that it needs to have the leak first, but that may be just cautionary.

I would recommend doing the full-bloated leak first, just to ensure that everything is working for you. Then you can pick the paired-down ROM of your choice.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I am about to do this. Non bloated. I have to say I am nervous. Anyone online wanna online chat and walk me through this

Running gummy charged 2.2.1 currebtly

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Awesome. This is such a big update so glad I got it nowwweww. Thanks everyone. Will donate tomorrow.

DawgPoundMBA

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My calendar hasnt updated since I installed the ROM and under my accounts it says 'Sync Error - Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.'

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My calendar hasnt updated since I installed the ROM and under my accounts it says 'Sync Error - Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.'

wipe and factory reset and reflash rom.
same thing happened to me and that fixed it. Does your autobrightness work and backlit hard buttons? Mine dont

DawgPoundMBA

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Damn it sucks to do all that work again. No my autobrightness and backlit hard buttons dont work. Also I use No LED for notifications and when it is on and I get a call and I hit the power button when putting it out of my holster it ignores the call :(

DawgPoundMBA

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I did the data wipe and factory reset with my sdcard out then reinstalled gummy AND this time put in my google account info right away and now everything including backlit keys appear to be working fine. Good to have my calendar back!

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I did the data wipe and factory reset with my sdcard out then reinstalled gummy AND this time put in my google account info right away and now everything including backlit keys appear to be working fine. Good to have my calendar back!

Your keys are working 100% of the time? Mine kinda work...sometimes...

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I went straight back to EE4. There is a walkthrough over at xda forums. Easy cakes.

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not installing gingerbread until voodoo lag fix is supported. Installing gingerbread makes the system go back to Samsung's proprietary file structure which is considerably slower.

Daemonax

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not installing gingerbread until voodoo lag fix is supported. Installing gingerbread makes the system go back to Samsung's proprietary file structure which is considerably slower.

Have you tried Gingerbread? It is very fast without voodoo. EXT4 will be nice whenever we get the kernel source, but, for now, RFS isn't slowing me down. Sometimes I turn the phone on and flip some screens just to marvel how fast it is.

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Gingerbread? It is very fast without voodoo. EXT4 will be nice whenever we get the kernel source, but, for now, RFS isn't slowing me down. Sometimes I turn the phone on and flip some screens just to marvel how fast it is.

It's slower than lag fix ee4 froyo from what I've used.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
It's slower than lag fix ee4 froyo from what I've used.

Same here.

After hearing lots of reports of how ep1f is so great and how much faster it is...my experience is its totally mediocre. Just a general sluggishness to it. Tried the 2 custom roms and they both were slow. No real bugs or anything, just a mushy feeling. (mushy?? lol) Lack of voodoo lagfix prolly has some effect.

Dealbreaker for me is my 4g speed slowed down dramatically. Maybe the ep1f radio software is not up to par or the rom itself.

Back on GC 185 ee4 voodoo and is all good. Lte speed is good and phone went back to smooth and snappy.

I know the "newer is better" mentality but the current GB stuff we have now kinda sucks.

Daemonax

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
To each his own, I guess. EG2 was like that for me, but EP1F has been the exact opposite. There is a known issue with the browser being sluggish, but I never use the stock browser or stock launcher, for that matter.

There is no denying that reformatting to EXT4 will speed things up even more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463