Cannot get phone into download mode? WTF help plz

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
When I remove the battery from my Charge, plug the USB cable into my device, and hold power the power button + the Down Volume button NOTHING HAPPENS.

I try holding only the down volume button. Nothing happens.

I am using the OEM cable. I have tried on two laptops, an XP and a Win7. I have tried every USB port on both laptops. Nothing happens.

Can someone please explain WTF is going on and why this isn't working? And yes, I have installed the Samsung drivers included in the first post.

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did have Odin running first.

I finally just figured it out - I had to have the battery in the phone in order to get it to go into Download Mode.

Really wish the OP would update his post and put that in there - I could have saved a lot of time.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It's hit or miss. I've read people having the same problems you did. Some people have to leave the battery in, others didn't have to.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
It's hit or miss. I've read people having the same problems you did. Some people have to leave the battery in, others didn't have to.

Agreed it is totally hit or miss. Personally I've never had ot put the battery in mine to do it but my buddy always has to. If I'm not mistaken tho you should NOt have to have the battery in which is why most instructions say to remove it.

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Never had to have the battery in my charge to get the connection.

Possibly....your usb ports are not sending 5v to the phone...hence no start. The phone has to have power from something to turn on....and if the battery is out...then it has to be the cable.

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I had to leave the battery in when I flashed w/ ODIN. Otherwise, the phone would connect and then immediately disconnect. Perhaps it wasn't getting enough voltage, like wetwaterdog said.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Biggest problem might have been you don't need to hold the power button. As long as your plugged in you can just hold the Vol - button...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781