Need Help Rooting

ghostrider5666

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded DC everything you need to root V2 and odined the file EE4stock_DXC.tar.md5 and it says passed on Odin but never works on the phone when it turn it on it goes to Samsung recovery. I have odined the file the same way as I did on my fascinate. What can I be doing wrong?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded DC everything you need to root V2 and odined the file EE4stock_DXC.tar.md5 and it says passed on Odin but never works on the phone when it turn it on it goes to Samsung recovery. I have odined the file the same way as I did on my fascinate. What can I be doing wrong?

Rooting is even easier now. Simply flash this file in ODIN, and you will have root and a custom voodoo kernel:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14764513/VoodooChargeKernel4.tar.md5

Then you can also flash this CWM, which is the most current:
0730_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

If you were planning on flashing a custom ROM, you can just do that without the above steps as all of the currently available custom ROMs for the Charge include root.

Reactions: ghostrider5666

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
what custom voodoo kernel and would I have more chances of bricking the device with voodoo like on the fascinate.

The file I linked contains the custom kernel. There's one basic, very important rule to remember: Don't flash a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel without disabling voodoo first. If you can remember that one rule, you will be fine.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have re-flashed it now a robot women says "convert system is not available" this is all new to me.

Unlike the Fascinate, with the Charge make sure you leave the battery in when flashing through ODIN. Disregard, it is working now if you heard the female robot say "convert data partition, time estimated 10 minutes" You will be good to go.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Unlike the Fascinate, with the Charge make sure you leave the battery in when flashing through ODIN.

I've always taken the battery out of my phone while using ODIN. Never had any problems. From what I read on the forums, it seems to be hit or miss. Some have to leave it in, others have to take it out.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
What voodoo kernel is that and how is battery life?

I'm assuming you're talking about the one listed in my signature? It's basically a beta kernel at the moment. So far, battery life is pretty good. I can usually go 10-12 hours with (what I would consider heavy use) before I have to put it back on a charger. I'm perfectly happy with that considering the fact that I'm also overclocked.

ghostrider5666

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you're talking about the one listed in my signature? It's basically a beta kernel at the moment. So far, battery life is pretty good. I can usually go 10-12 hours with (what I would consider heavy use) before I have to put it back on a charger. I'm perfectly happy with that considering the fact that I'm also overclocked.
No the one in the link landshark provided. Also how do you boot into CWM on the charge?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How do you boot into CWM recovery? Every time I try its just stays at the Samsung screen.

Hold volume up, power, and home buttons down until you see the samsung logo flash on the screen for the second time. As soon as you see the samsung logo appear for the second time, let go of all three buttons.