New Gingerbread Leak EP1W

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that do not venture out too much from AC (and why should you...lol) there is a new Gingerbread Leak over at XDA (Well it is actually on mydroidworld.com)

If your adventurous, here is the link to it: EP1W Publicly Released - TeamBlackHat - xda-developers

They are saying that it is very stable and very close to an official build. If you follow the link, someone kanged out the modems so you do not have to flash the whole thing just to get a modem upgrade (this is what I am doing)

Good luck, all the credit goes eventually to P3droid and his team for the leaks. Not sure who got the modem out of there, but the credit goes to him for that.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised there isn't much mention of this ROM here. People on XDA are going NUTS over it!

I've been running it for 15 hours and its all good so far.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I know right? I have been following the threads on XDA and mydroidworld and they are loving it. I am holding off on the full ROM until it is official (only because I do not want to go through the hassle of going backward if something fails)

I have been running the Modem since right before I posted this thread, and it has been great. I even went to the bar that I never get 4G in (any excuse to go to the bar ..lol) and I had solid 4G the whole time. MAJOR improvement there, even over the last leaked one.

Fifty9Dunes

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
this mass blow up on twitter about EP1W on monday night was too much for me to bear - i hadn't rooted or hacked any of my phones since the OG droid ... since i came from a fascinate in that "call and yell at verizon and they'll give you a charge" period of a few weeks, and the charge stock EE4 wasn't really much better than the fascinate's latest stock, i figured what the hell.

well ... holy crap. it's awesome. the GPS works. the debloated version has XDA's Touchwiz4.5 mod (mydroidworld.com should have thrown the TW4 Manager.APK in there for good measure, but it's easily enough attainable)

oh, and i got 16hours and 56minutes on a charge using it just like i did the days prior when i only got about 10-12.

now i'm busy theming, tweaking, overclocking ... you know, all the things i promised my wife i'd stop doing when i got rid of the droid 1. damn you internet. damn you.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
This is a huge step forward, but I don't think this is going to be the actual build that Verizon releases. I'm finding a few strange things going on. Plus, doesn't everyone find it odd that the pull-down menu has green/blue icons in it? The rest of the original orange theme is there; just makes those icons look out of place.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
What are the chances that the new touchwiz is thrown in with the official update? Im not really into rooting, so I will wait for the official GB update.

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have following the directions on xda's website to the letter and the process is sitting on setup connection in odin for some time now without continuing.. Help!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have following the directions on xda's website to the letter and the process is sitting on setup connection in odin for some time now without continuing.. Help!

Your drivers are installed? Did you put the battery back in once you went into download mode? need some more details

PreceptorJR

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I downloaded the EP1W Gingerbread leak. It's solid so far. I wanted to install imoseyon's kernel, and it seems like I lost my CMW option when I flashed to this build. What can/should I do here? I came from Gummy 1.9 and then 2.0.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I downloaded the EP1W Gingerbread leak. It's solid so far. I wanted to install imoseyon's kernel, and it seems like I lost my CMW option when I flashed to this build. What can/should I do here? I came from Gummy 1.9 and then 2.0.

The leak is a stock build, so the stock kernel overwrites the cwm. Flash the latest CWM in ODIN, but make sure you uncheck auto reboot in ODIN, then boot directly to CWM by holding volume up, power, and home buttons until you see samsung logo flash for the second time then release all three buttons. Flash imoseyon's kernel from there, reboot phone, go into voodoo control app, enable ext4, reboot phone, good to go.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Make sure you leave the battery in when flashing the rom.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

cmgeek

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I'm very impressed with this build. I don't typically apply leaks cause I need my phone for work and I need my phone very stable. I loaded the de-bloated version and it's FAST! Not to mention the GPS actually works. The only quirk I see so far (running for 24 hours) is when you press the power button when the screen is off, the home screen shows for a blip and then the lock screen shows up. Other than that, this build is solid. Would recommend loading immediately.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
This is a huge step forward, but I don't think this is going to be the actual build that Verizon releases. I'm finding a few strange things going on. Plus, doesn't everyone find it odd that the pull-down menu has green/blue icons in it? The rest of the original orange theme is there; just makes those icons look out of place.

Do you mind elaborating on the strange things you are finding?

PreceptorJR

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am loving this ROM. I downloaded the unbloated version and its running pretty fast. The new Touchwiz 4.0 is nice as well. It is more customizable than 3.0 by a long shot. The battery after one day seems to be a bit less than I got on GummyCharged 2.0, but I heard it takes a while to break in (truth?). I only had one reboot so far, but I was really messing around with the settings. It is VERY fast, the screen transitions are smooth as heck too. My signal has been strong as well. I just don't understand why the four home buttons at the bottom of the home screen seem to be squished together!

It is a recommended download.

BlkWolf03

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Since the leak is of a stock build, do they still have the same color scheme that was leaked a while back? As in getting rid of the brown/orange and going with the blue/green