Gummy 2.0 and vodoo

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Does the kernel that comes with gummy 2.0 have vodoo and vodoo lag fix? Or do i have to use a kernel that has it?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
it may be enabled but its not a true root.. try out root chack to see or better yet try voltage control..it will tell ya the ph is not rooted..

I have no idea wtf you're talking about. It's a rooted kernel. I have Voltage Control, Root Explorer, Root Checker, SetCPU and Titanium Backup, all these apps require root access and they work just fine with imoseyon's kernel (which is packaged with GummyCharged 2.0) and the PBJT kernel.

And once again... the Voodoo Lagfix and root access are two completely different things.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Please PAPA54 define what you have been calling a "true" root. I am agreeing with Halo, I installed root checker, voltage control, setCPU, root explorer and MyBackUpPro and EVERYTHING says I am rooted.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Please PAPA54 define what you have been calling a "true" root. I am agreeing with Halo, I installed root checker, voltage control, setCPU, root explorer and MyBackUpPro and EVERYTHING says I am rooted.

welp when i installed the same roms etc as you mine all came back as non rooted.. but perhaps its on my end i am redo-ing ev thing now to check once more.. although i have done this 3 times already..

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
welp when i installed the same roms etc as you mine all came back as non rooted.. but perhaps its on my end i am redo-ing ev thing now to check once more.. although i have done this 3 times already..

ok i think i found my problem.. my FE 2.0 aborted when i tried to flash CWM ,, i wiped everything first before the would be flash.. / gonna hunt the FE 2.0 file and dl a new or i hope a better file

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
since your starting over, go al the way back to ed2. OTA to EE4, flash gummy 1.9.1 then do the 2.0 through CWM.

That was my process

so you think i need to go all the way back to ED2 .... I have the EE4 in an odin file??
i await yer thoughts

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
odin the ed2, go all the way into the OS, then OTA the EE4.

Odin 1.91, start it up and go all the way into the OS. By this time you should have the 2.0 on the SD Card

go into CWM, do a wipe, then install 2.0 from the SDcard.

You should have the voodoo conversion after the 1.91 build (the sexy voice)

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Odin 1.91, start it up and go all the way into the OS. By this time you should have the 2.0 on the SD Card

OK as things stand ,, my fe file was incorrect.. seems i need to double check file size in case my cpu does not DL sucessfully.. pardon my old mans thoughts,,, i take a lot of meds and sometimes i dont double check..ty men for the thoughts... i stand corrected.. and you have been right..
now what do i do about my incorrect post??/ work work work...

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
OK as things stand ,, my fe file was incorrect.. seems i need to double check file size in case my cpu does not DL sucessfully.. pardon my old mans thoughts,,, i take a lot of meds and sometimes i dont double check..ty men for the thoughts... i stand corrected.. and you have been right..
now what do i do about my incorrect post??/ work work work...
still reworking ph.. i have deleted or tried to remove my opinion as file size DL was less than perfect..

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry about it. no biggie. if you want an alternate download site, let me know. I will throw the stuff in my drop box

you'd never believe how screwed up my first FE 2.0 was ... there was for sure a DL difference...
about 300mb worth..

now 1 more question,,,,,, do we need to fix permissions and if so what data size should we chose?????

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure about that, when I do it, I leave it at the defaults. I very rarely do it and havent after a ROM flash though I believe that after a first flash you do not have to. When you do a restore you have to.

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
you'd never believe how screwed up my first FE 2.0 was ... there was for sure a DL difference...
about 300mb worth..

now 1 more question,,,,,, do we need to fix permissions and if so what data size should we chose?????

I am not sure about that, when I do it, I leave it at the defaults. I very rarely do it and havent after a ROM flash though I believe that after a first flash you do not have to. When you do a restore you have to.

I remember reading something about how the "Fix Permissions" and "Partition SD Card" options were flipped in earlier versions of CWM (you select one but it does the other) - the only reason I mention this is that I have never had to select a data size when fixing permissions when using the newest CWM (4.0.1.4 I believe?), but such an option could make sense for partitioning an sd card.

dbell525

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

When you say go all the way into the OS, I take that to mean boot phone up with just power button, not into recovery. Correct? If so, how do you get into CWM from there? Is CWM an app? Sorry for beginner questions.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
When you say go all the way into the OS, I take that to mean boot phone up with just power button, not into recovery. Correct? If so, how do you get into CWM from there? Is CWM an app? Sorry for beginner questions.
Yes, going into the OS means letting the phone boot normally. To get into CWM, you can press the Power button and you should see an option to boot into recovery (while your'e running on GC 1.9.1)