Easiest root method

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
It seems as if there are a number of different ways and threads on how to root the Droid Charge. I am on EE4 and simply want root access to my Charge to take advantage of free wifi tethering. I am not looking for a Gingerbread ROM or theme or anything other than a rooted device. I have rooted before but only using Unrevoked, never using ODIN or ADB or anything like that but I can follow directions... can someone please point me in the direction of the most up-to-date and easiest root method for the Droid Charge?

TIA.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned I got thru this process and am currently running GummyCharged 2.0. Now when I install ROM Manager it says I don't have clockwork mod installed..? I thought I did that during the above mentioned process?!

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
As I mentioned I got thru this process and am currently running GummyCharged 2.0. Now when I install ROM Manager it says I don't have clockwork mod installed..? I thought I did that during the above mentioned process?!

i think you had to flash imnuts 1.9.1 odin to get the cwm and then from there after you wipe all that can be wiped including factory that you flash the gummy FE2.0 then you have CWM as well as FE 2.0.. thats the way i came into gummy fe2.0----------------------------------

since you came into gummy 2.0 thru another doorway ..you can look around for a CWM and flash it using Odin...
pizzadude will prob be thru here in a few he stays up to date on all the news.. and more than likely has the newest news on CWM..
sry, but thst all i am sure of

Last edited:

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
That's cool, thanks for the reply. Im wondering if I can just install it thru rom manager? It lists the Charge as an option....

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

ROM Manager does not currently work on the charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1