ACK! Seriously bricked my phone! HELP

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys!

First, let me say I'm not new to the flashing thing. I flashed a few different roms on my Fascinate and flashed Gummy 2.0 on the Charge. So this is not my first time around.

I sure hope someone is still up and can help out. I was running GummyCharged 2.0 and wanted to go to the new Gingerbread Leak. I had ODIN on my machine. I downloaded the correct file, unpacked it with Z7. I went through the directions like normal...like I've always done. I keep getting a failed message on ODIN. I put my battery back in and tried booting it up, and it went to recovery. I tried doing a factory reset and after 30 minutes, I finally pulled the battery. It just never made any progress.

So I downloaded the Officaly Froyo build and tried flashing that. Same thing! I tried various combinations with the 3 different roms I'm downloading the rom from the thread "last resort", as the sticky on this forum, but I don't have high hopes here. I even moved from my laptop, which is where I usually do my flashing, to my desktop...just in case something was wrong with my laptop. No differnce.

Below is the readout from ODIN when I tried flashing the GB lead. The other one is similar.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/003> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/003> Please wait..
<ID:0/003> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/003> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I sure hope someone can help! I darn well can't afford a $600 plus bill right now for a new phone!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok...it's not bricked. I can reboot back to Gummy at least. "WHEW" I'm going to try and disabling voodoo, if I can remember how.

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Droid X Con is a smart cat with this stuff. Find him on my friends list and buy him a coffee after he rescues you lol.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys!

First, let me say I'm not new to the flashing thing. I flashed a few different roms on my Fascinate and flashed Gummy 2.0 on the Charge. So this is not my first time around.

I sure hope someone is still up and can help out. I was running GummyCharged 2.0 and wanted to go to the new Gingerbread Leak. I had ODIN on my machine. I downloaded the correct file, unpacked it with Z7. I went through the directions like normal...like I've always done. I keep getting a failed message on ODIN. I put my battery back in and tried booting it up, and it went to recovery. I tried doing a factory reset and after 30 minutes, I finally pulled the battery. It just never made any progress.

So I downloaded the Officaly Froyo build and tried flashing that. Same thing! I tried various combinations with the 3 different roms I'm downloading the rom from the thread "last resort", as the sticky on this forum, but I don't have high hopes here. I even moved from my laptop, which is where I usually do my flashing, to my desktop...just in case something was wrong with my laptop. No differnce.

Below is the readout from ODIN when I tried flashing the GB lead. The other one is similar.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/003> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/003> Please wait..
<ID:0/003> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/003> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I sure hope someone can help! I darn well can't afford a $600 plus bill right now for a new phone!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok...it's not bricked. I can reboot back to Gummy at least. "WHEW" I'm going to try and disabling voodoo, if I can remember how.

Your not bad off, you can still get into DL mode. go into DL mode, then put the battery back in and then flash ED2. ODIN seems to always fail when the battery is out on the CHarge

Reactions: brucedbr

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Your not bad off, you can still get into DL mode. go into DL mode, then put the battery back in and then flash ED2. ODIN seems to always fail when the battery is out on the CHarge

Pizza....THANK YOU! That did the trick! I'm flashing directly to the new build now. If I have trouble, I'll use the ED2 build I'm downloading now. But I figured i'll try gong straight to the new build, since the guys and gals at the other XDA developers say that's what they did without incident. It's just weird that I've flashed 2 or 3 ROMS on the charge arleady and haven't put the battery back in. Oh well...awesome to know that and it's not something I'll forget!

I can't say it enough...THANK YOU!!

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey no sweat at all, your welcome.

My first flash went fine as well with the battery out, the second one failed 5 or 6 times before I found that somewhere. From here on out, be safe and put the battery in. It will save you aggravation down the road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret