Battery life....terrible

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Im running gummy two with the gingerbread theme and the battery life is atrocious. Kernels radios? Will flashing these help?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
define atrocious. is it worse since you flashed Gummy?

You can certainly undervolt the kernel, and that might help. Are you in a 4G area? Yes the newest radio is an improvement so that could help as well

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I am in a strong 4g area. Battery life was not attrocious, before flashing.

Ill try calibrating

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My battery always seems short after flashing a new rom.

Once I calibrate and giver it few drains/charges it gets much better. (Just takes patience and a car charger. LOL)

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I have had phone on charger since my last post. It was at 32% when I picked it up it was at 75%. Ive been doing some basic browsing and words with friends while charging and ive discharged from 75% to 61%. This is odd. Rooted gc was nice at first but this battery life is making me think I have the thunder bolt in my hands again.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have had phone on charger since my last post. It was at 32% when I picked it up it was at 75%. Ive been doing some basic browsing and words with friends while charging and ive discharged from 75% to 61%. This is odd. Rooted gc was nice at first but this battery life is making me think I have the thunder bolt in my hands again.

Maybe you just need to go back to the EE4 radio..
i am on gummy FE 2.0 with the EE4 radio and i have no complaints about the phone as a whole..
can go to bed at night . phone not on a charger and in the morn it has dropped only 6%..
it charges rather rapidly and works smooth.. at least that works for me,, all droids androids work diff than their brother n sisters.. 1 million down a production line and each has its own particularities..

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a link and instructions how to install a different radio. My phone might as well be a coaster right now. Battery life terrible and it takes forever to charge

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You definitely need to calibrate the battery after each ROM flash, Heck I do it maybe once a week anyway, though I know it isnt needed.

here is the leak to the modems, all you have to do is download and flash with ODIN: Droid Charge Gingerbread (2.3.4) (EP1W) Leaked - Official Build

i tried battery cali.. it seemed like a waste of time and just another drainer of bat life. although i must say i had zdbox app and it was the best one. i mistakenly hit another bat cali icon and from there bat drained like a siff..now i have ditched them bother from ph and bat life seems better... i was at 92% when i went to bed. woke up to a 86% and now after playin with it a bit its at 84%...

to me a cali is ok but it only tells you what the bat stats are. the best i've found is to get rid of anything that uses bat while in standby. thats my story and i'm stickin to it..

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
as a follow up i reinstalled the ZDbox App and after being off a charger for 10 hours it lost 6% last night.. so today i decided to run it thru the mills so to say..i played a online game for over an hour and bat dropped to 76%.

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Just as another question, anyone have any recommendations on how to calibrate the battery? I tried using the first free app I saw on the market, but my battery life seems to have gone down significantly...

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Just as another question, anyone have any recommendations on how to calibrate the battery? I tried using the first free app I saw on the market, but my battery life seems to have gone down significantly...

After your first complete charge/discharge you want to follow up with 2-3 more of those cyles before you notice some improvements. I either use the battery calibration app or i wipe the stats in CWM.

Reactions: Midnight_Ninja

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante