Screwed up some how, stuck on "samsung" can't reboot in2 recovery

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
OK.... updating from 1.8 to 2.0. D/L 2.0, booted into recovery, wiped data/factory reset, did not wipe dalvik cache (instructions just said "wipe data/facory reset) and then rebooted. It's been stuck on samsung since.

It would not reboot into recovery.

Went back to Odin, and reloaded CWM (0817 charge recovery.tar.md5) and it still won't reboot into recovery, staying stuck on samsung.

I'm using the "down volume/home/power button" method to get into recovery, and it just stays on samsung.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Screwed up some how, stuck on "samsung" can't reboot in2 reco

Something got fubar'd

GO into download mode and reflash 1.8 via ODIN. let it boot all the way into the OS before you do anything else. If that still gets you stuck in the bootloop. Download the ED2 file, OTA to EE4 then reflash 1.8.

Remember to put your battery back in after you get into download mode and before you start your flash

Reactions: Kage87Z

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

How do I reflash 1.8? it's a zip file, and odin is only letting me load tar, md5 or smd files, at least that I can see.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

OK... got it back into recovery. Thanks!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

sorry I started with 1.91, didnt know 1.8 was a CWM flash. either way it sounds like you are getting on track. If you need anything I should be around for a bit

Reactions: xxxWolfxxx

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

sorry I started with 1.91, didnt know 1.8 was a CWM flash. either way it sounds like you are getting on track. If you need anything I should be around for a bit

right now all the charges are set on the EE4 and flashed .odined etc from there, so start there,
It's a lot faster and smooth as silk.. i wish i knew where to find that ODIN that brings you right to the Odin EE4. if ya can not find it pm me and i'll try to send it to you..

Reactions: Kage87Z

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

right now all the charges are set on the EE4 and flashed .odined etc from there, so start there,
It's a lot faster and smooth as silk.. i wish i knew where to find that ODIN that brings you right to the Odin EE4. if ya can not find it pm me and i'll try to send it to you..

Did you mean the file to ODIN back to EE4 stock? If so - I found it here - if not, then it looks like this was not much of a useful post by me... :)

Reactions: papa54

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Did you mean the file to ODIN back to EE4 stock? If so - I found it here - if not, then it looks like this was not much of a useful post by me... :)

yep thats it and it saves all the wasted time doing an OTA to EE4.. i think the admins or someone who has the power would let folks know that the ED2 Odin was a long time back and the peeps could go straight to EE4.. i try to tell everyone about that i can... odin EE4 or drag yer feet waiting on the OTA to EE4..same place same roms etc..

i am sure it can be fouind in "rootwiki"site an off spring from here..
Maybe someone can place all the roms flashes etc on one page in this site.
with the where to's etc..

miamithrice

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Just for posterity, it's volume UP/home button/power to get into recovery. That has worked 100% of the time for me. And if you boot loop after a flash using the orange CWM, check to make sure the system partition is mounted before the flashing operation.

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using Tapatalk

xxxWolfxxx

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

OK guys I'm having the same problem, and although I have some technical skills with this sort of thing, I'm mostly familiar with programmable logic controllers, not phones. So I have a few Q's..

1. How do I get the phone into "download" mode?
2. I downloaded ODIN ver 3.95. I'm assuming this is the device flash software. Where do I find the latest firmware for my Droid Charge?
3. I'm assuming that my phone needs to be tethered to the computer through the USB cable... anything else that I need to know before attempting this?

Also, I did get the phone into "recovery" mode. Is this the same as "download" mode?

Let me say Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can provide.

:cool:

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

OK guys I'm having the same problem, and although I have some technical skills with this sort of thing, I'm mostly familiar with programmable logic controllers, not phones. So I have a few Q's..

2. I downloaded ODIN ver 3.95. I'm assuming this is the device flash software. Where do I find the latest firmware for my Droid Charge?
3. I'm assuming that my phone needs to be tethered to the computer through the USB cable... anything else that I need to know before attempting this?

Also, I did get the phone into "recovery" mode. Is this the same as "download" mode?

Recovery is not the same as download.

For download
Take the battery out of the phone
Hold the volume down key
Plug into the USB cable on your PC
You should then get a picture of a big yellow triangle

Step by step instructions here
HOW TO: Flash ROMs with Odin3 v1.82, tailored to GB 2.3.4 - xda-developers

Substitute EE4 instead of the Gingerbread ROM

EE4 ROM here
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

If you can run RS Logix you can do this :D

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

For download
Take the battery out of the phone
Hold the volume down key
Plug into the USB cable on your PC
You should then get a picture of a big yellow triangle

FWIW - you don't really need to take the battery out. Simply turn off the phone, and then (to be on the safe side) wait a bit (maybe 30 sec or so) to make sure the phone is fully off. Then proceed through the steps listed by Chris2183.

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

FWIW - you don't really need to take the battery out. Simply turn off the phone, and then (to be on the safe side) wait a bit (maybe 30 sec or so) to make sure the phone is fully off. Then proceed through the steps listed by Chris2183.

^^^^ THIS. Why go through the trouble of taking whatever case you have on your phone off, then the back cover, then removing the battery, only to put the battery back in so you can complete the flash through ODIIN? I understand there may be a few phones out there that for some strange reason cannot get into download mode with the battery in. But why not see if your phone will get into download mode with the battery still in and save the extra steps? I have not removed my battery for flashing in ODIN since I tested this out and it works flawlessly every single time.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately, for me, my phone will not go into download mode with the battery installed. It's just second nature for me to remove the battery when flashing a ROM that doesnt have a boot into download option

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately, for me, my phone will not go into download mode with the battery installed. It's just second nature for me to remove the battery when flashing a ROM that doesnt have a boot into download option

While this may be a bit beyond what xxxWolfxxx needs, it should be noted that there are other ways to get into download mode beyond the phone-off-hold-volume-down approach:

If you are already rooted, you can use a terminal emulator app and type the following -
su
reboot download

If you are already running a custom ROM, it will like have a modded reboot menu (what you get when you hold Power for a few seconds) - these typically have an option to go into download mode.

While I have not tried it from full stock, I believe you can use ADB regardless - but this involves you getting ADB installed and setup on your computer beforehand of course -
adb reboot download

There may be others as well, but these are what I've encountered at least.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

you need to use ODIN vs 3 then go directly to the imoseyon 1.9.1 Odin file and load it thru Odin ver 3 . ok, next after 1.9.1 ,,,, yer phone will root so dont get impatient..wait wait.. you will hear a very sexy female voice.. wait tithe ph boots into system...reboot... then hold the volume button up power button in and yer Home button on also,, when ya see the "Samsung" logo turn the buttons loose and in a few the ph will go directly into CWM now you are ready to load CWM files such as gummy FE 2 or the GBE 2.. l think the GBE is best Load them using the Clock work Mod..aka CWM... you might need to connect USB and DL files... BTW did you DL the Samsung DRIVERS. ???