I just rooted my Charge...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I believe that as long as you do not remove any of the bloat, you will get the OTA but will be unrooted once it installs.

If you remove the bloat, the OTA will fail and you will have to go back to stock to get it.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK so after rooting my phone randomly reboots like every 5-10 minutes. What can I do about that?

I know you said you followed the instructions in the link above to root your phone, but what exact steps did you follow? Did you flash imnuts' kernel? If so, and it is the undervolted one your phone may not be able to handle any undervolting.

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The problem is the SuperUser app. Whenever something wants root, I get a prompt to grant it access. but when I tap OK, SuperUser force closes and sometimes the phone reboots. I can't uninstall superuser (Uninstall button greyed out in manage applications and "open" and "update" are only options in market. "Update" button does nothing). What should I do about this?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem is the SuperUser app. Whenever something wants root, I get a prompt to grant it access. but when I tap OK, SuperUser force closes and sometimes the phone reboots. I can't uninstall superuser (Uninstall button greyed out in manage applications and "open" and "update" are only options in market. "Update" button does nothing). What should I do about this?

Get Root Explorer app from the market, open it, then go to system folder, click on it, the click on app folder. Long press on superuser and choose delete. Don't understand why superuser would be force closing.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
no you cannot remove any of it if you want to get the OTA. you can take 2 routes here. rename all the APKs you want to get rid of something like letsgolf2.apk.old then when you know the GB is here, get rid of the .old part.

or you can get rid of everything and then when GB comes, go and odin ED2 and do the OTAs to get the official GB.

Well I guess that there is another route too, and this is what I might do. Wait until Gummy or a GB rom comes out that you want and ODIN right to that. I am undecided between option 2 and 3

As far as your bootloops. try what landshark said, but then I would re-install SU. Start the flash again, including the download maybe something got corrupted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance