Help me get out of the doghouse

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
My prior two phones being HTC (Incredible and Thunderbolt) I'm decidedly lacking in dealing with Samsung devices. My wife, who has a Charge, was complaining about her GPS never locking, so after a bit of research, I discovered there was a fix, but only for rooted phones.

Being the dutiful husband that I am, I rooted her phone and installed the voodoo lagifx using Odin, then implemented the GPS fix, and all was right with the world.

Unfortunately, I couldn't leave well enough alone, and installed CWM Recovery intending to do a nandroid backup. During the backup process, something happened, and I bricked her phone.

Lovely.

Since then,in trying to fix her phone, I've run the gamut of "brick" with this phone.

I started with the Samsung screen hang, then moved on to the Droid Animated boot loop, and ended up with the phone exclamation point PC graphic.

I've finally managed to install a ROM and get the phone to fully boot.

GummyCHARGE ROM with lagfix disabled (don't ask) and root has been preserved.

I happen to like the ROM, but my wife vastly prefers touchWIZ. Rather than blunder through to an eventual solution, I thought I'd ask the experts on for help. I would like the phone to have a TouchWIZ Froyo or GB build, with root, that has the lagfix. The more stable the better.

So, my question is, where do I go from here? Any feedback appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My prior two phones being HTC (Incredible and Thunderbolt) I'm decidedly lacking in dealing with Samsung devices. My wife, who has a Charge, was complaining about her GPS never locking, so after a bit of research, I discovered there was a fix, but only for rooted phones.

Being the dutiful husband that I am, I rooted her phone and installed the voodoo lagifx using Odin, then implemented the GPS fix, and all was right with the world.

Unfortunately, I couldn't leave well enough alone, and installed CWM Recovery intending to do a nandroid backup. During the backup process, something happened, and I bricked her phone.

Lovely.

Since then,in trying to fix her phone, I've run the gamut of "brick" with this phone.

I started with the Samsung screen hang, then moved on to the Droid Animated boot loop, and ended up with the phone exclamation point PC graphic.

I've finally managed to install a ROM and get the phone to fully boot.

GummyCHARGE ROM with lagfix disabled (don't ask) and root has been preserved.

I happen to like the ROM, but my wife vastly prefers touchWIZ. Rather than blunder through to an eventual solution, I thought I'd ask the experts on for help. I would like the phone to have a TouchWIZ Froyo or GB build, with root, that has the lagfix. The more stable the better.

So, my question is, where do I go from here? Any feedback appreciated, and thanks in advance.

This may be what you are looking for. It is the EE4 (Froyo) stock build debloated and deodexed including root from imnuts:

ee4_debloated-v42.zip

I ran this ROM when I first got my Charge and really liked it.

Reactions: mikestorm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2