I just flashed EP3HA stock deodexed...

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
1. I have the "old" version of the Android Market. How do I get to that new one again?

2. I cannot boot into recovery. I flashed CWM right after I flashed the ROM and when I hold vol up, home, and power, it goes from SAMSUNG to boot animation.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1. I have the "old" version of the Android Market. How do I get to that new one again?

2. I cannot boot into recovery. I flashed CWM right after I flashed the ROM and when I hold vol up, home, and power, it goes from SAMSUNG to boot animation.

1. I got the old market after flashing the rooted stock EP3HA, and it updated itself. So just give it a little time and it should update. If not try simply restarting your phone to make sure it connects to servers and your market is recognized as needing to update.

2. After you flashed CWM, did you let the phone boot up? If so, the stock kernel overwrites CWM. When you flash CWM in ODIN, make sure you uncheck the auto reboot box. Then after flashing, pull the usb cord from your phone, hold the three buttons until you see the samsung logo flash TWICE. As soon as you see the samsung logo for the second time, let go of all three buttons. This should boot you to CWM.

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
OK the market updated itself. But now I got this problem at the bottom of the market:
sc20111011135959.png

I have all of those installed and I cannot get it to say installed. Also, when I tap one of them it gives me:
sc20111011140006.png

What do I do with this?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK the market updated itself. But now I got this problem at the bottom of the market:
Click to view quoted image

I have all of those installed and I cannot get it to say installed. Also, when I tap one of them it gives me:
Click to view quoted image

What do I do with this?

Uninstall them one of thre ways:

1. Menu=>settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all, scroll to each one, click on it then hit the greay uninstall box.

2. Using Root Explorer, go to /system/apps folder, long press on each one and delete.

3. Using Titanium Backup, click on backup/restore at the top of the page, scroll to each one, click on it, click on uninstall.

Then just go to the market and download each one from the market.

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall them one of thre ways:

1. Menu=>settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all, scroll to each one, click on it then hit the greay uninstall box.

2. Using Root Explorer, go to /system/apps folder, long press on each one and delete.

3. Using Titanium Backup, click on backup/restore at the top of the page, scroll to each one, click on it, click on uninstall.

Then just go to the market and download each one from the market.

I followed the above and it all went away (did not reinstall v cast tones). Then I did some manual debloating on Titanium and got some problems.

1. The icon for Kindle does not disappear. It says that "this application is not installed" when I try to launch it. There is not listing under titanium. I cannot find it in /system/app

2. The market stuff came up again. Now the list is:
Gmail
Google Maps
My Verizon
Rhapsody
TuneWiki
V CAST Tones
VZ Navigator for Charge

How do I get this stuff to go away? It was never there in the pre-debloated EP1W ROM...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I followed the above and it all went away (did not reinstall v cast tones). Then I did some manual debloating on Titanium and got some problems.

1. The icon for Kindle does not disappear. It says that "this application is not installed" when I try to launch it. There is not listing under titanium. I cannot find it in /system/app

2. The market stuff came up again. Now the list is:
Gmail
Google Maps
My Verizon
Rhapsody
TuneWiki
V CAST Tones
VZ Navigator for Charge

How do I get this stuff to go away? It was never there in the pre-debloated EP1W ROM...

1. long press on the icon and hopefully a red circle with a white x through it will show up in the upper right hand corner of the icon. If so, click on the x to remove the icon.

2. I have seen recently people across various phones posting that stock apps are suddenly showing up on their phones. Seems to be happening if they are on a stock ROM, even when they are rooted and have frozen or uninstalled the bloat apps. I haven't experienced it yet and haven't seen anything mentioned on whether uninstalling or deleting them again resolves the issue.