Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default slow development?

    i just got the charge last week as a replacement for my tbolt. im just curious why the development is soo slow on this phone? no miui, no cm7... whats the deal? i thought this was a top of the line 4g phone?

    really missing my tbolt right now!
  2. #2  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default Re: slow development?

    Quote Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
    i just got the charge last week as a replacement for my tbolt. im just curious why the development is soo slow on this phone? no miui, no cm7... whats the deal? i thought this was a top of the line 4g phone?

    really missing my tbolt right now!
    Well since you just got the Charge last week, you are still within the 14 day return window.......................
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

    Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

    Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

    If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: slow development?

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Well since you just got the Charge last week, you are still within the 14 day return window.......................
    can you do that with a refurb that verizon gives you? can i ask for the tbolt back or maybe a dinc2?
  4. #4  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default Re: slow development?

    Quote Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
    can you do that with a refurb that verizon gives you? can i ask for the tbolt back or maybe a dinc2?
    Not sure, but you can certainly ask them. I know for sure it's pretty much standard vzw policy if you continue to have problems you can swap out to a different phone after your 4th refurb. Doesn't hurt to ask. The worst they can do is say no.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

    Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

    Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

    If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: slow development?

    Does Samsung just not get the love of the others or is it that Samsung does not released the source? Will the Nexus fare better since it is a Google device with no extras?

    I am not sure it all matters really though. The Charge is a decent phone. I only had one Fascinate replaced and this is the only Charge I have had. My only issue is the static on phone calls which I believe is the GB radio. GB works so much smoother than EE4 to go back though.

    I can use Juice Defender on the GB leaks and the battery does a lot better. I do wish there was a good extended battery that did not fatten up the phone. The Bionic has one...
  6. #6  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,439 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: slow development?

    Actually the bionic is the top dog on vzw. The charge just never took off.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: slow development?

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Actually the bionic is the top dog on vzw. The charge just never took off.
    i can see this as ive been turned down 4 times trying to trade it on craigslist, even for a dinc2. what a dissapointment.

    verizon won't exchange it at all.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: slow development?

    Quote Originally Posted by ellisz View Post
    Does Samsung just not get the love of the others or is it that Samsung does not released the source? Will the Nexus fare better since it is a Google device with no extras?

    I am not sure it all matters really though. The Charge is a decent phone. I only had one Fascinate replaced and this is the only Charge I have had. My only issue is the static on phone calls which I believe is the GB radio. GB works so much smoother than EE4 to go back though.

    I can use Juice Defender on the GB leaks and the battery does a lot better. I do wish there was a good extended battery that did not fatten up the phone. The Bionic has one...
    the charge just doesn't have alot of dev interest and yes there is no source code released yet. this is the last samsung i buy.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: slow development?

    I have been looking at the Bionic. The screen in the sun is actually better than my Charge - compared them side by side today. I really want the nexus but I am souring a little on Samsung.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    Well my menu key started sticking today. I tried to call verizon and see if i could get it replaced with another tbolt. They said they could only offer another charge. Kina sucks as they had no issues giving me the charge last week. I guess ill just suck it up and wait for the htc vigor to ship and pay full price. Im sure ill be avoiding samsung from now on. The charge is decent but the build quality feels cheap.
  11. #11  
    hillview's Avatar

    Posts
    128 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now!

    Default Re: slow development?

    On my 4th charge in 2 weeks. All have been refurbs with different issues. Thinking about going with motorola or the iphone. I only need my phone to do one thing WORK !!!!!!! So tired of the constant freezing and rebooting and cheap build quality. Was running Gummy 2.0 on the first charge and the last 3 have been all stock, so it's not the ROM , it's the phone . I guess I will have to flip a quarter to make a decision on my next purchase
  12. #12  

    Default Re: slow development?

    @ hill I have had bad experience with refurbished phones in the past. Why I got the insurance according to the Verizon rep it gets you a new phone but it cost 100 for the deductible. though i have been a lucky one (had the phone since release) with no problems. my wife has gone through 3 refurbs and each one had a different problems. screen not responding, speaker making cracking noise, and the new one has a problems with the light sensor. i think it's that these broken phones are never returned to 100% and introduce new problems to the user. If you have insurance i would just leave the phone in my pocket and play some tackle football and oops there goes the screen and get a brand new one from the advanced insurance policy. they also have a 14 day policy if the new device has problems to send them back for replacement. At least it id new in the box.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: slow development?

    The replacement I got for my Fascinate was a refurb, even though it came it the packaging like a new one. I had to have it replaced for another refurb when the screen developed a line in it. The phone was literally 4 days old and they would not swap me out with a new in box one. This one appears to be fine though. I have never had many problems though. I had 1 Storm that was good(I actually liked the Storm), I had 1 D1, 2 Fascinates and 2 Charges. Not 100% but seems like some go through 4+ phones.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ellisz View Post
    The replacement I got for my Fascinate was a refurb, even though it came it the packaging like a new one. I had to have it replaced for another refurb when the screen developed a line in it. The phone was literally 4 days old and they would not swap me out with a new in box one. This one appears to be fine though. I have never had many problems though. I had 1 Storm that was good(I actually liked the Storm), I had 1 D1, 2 Fascinates and 2 Charges. Not 100% but seems like some go through 4+ phones.
    Problem is that when you go into a brick and mortar shop they only give refurbs. at this point i will never take a refurbs again and spoon the cash for a new device from the insurance. I always hear people say the insurance is a ripoff but when i am in a Verizon store there is always someone crying or screaming about how they don't want to pay full price for a replacement because it was lost stolen or broke by a drop .
  15. #15  

    Default Re: slow development?

    I have never got a replacement from a B&M though. My replacements came in the mail and were all refurbs. I pay for the insurance but I have never had to use it. I tried to get my replaced in a store as it was only a few days old. I was mad and wanted a good phone.
  16. #16  
    kenshell's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

    Default Re: slow development?

    Sent in my Fascinate for a refurbed Charge and have not had one problem with it.
    PB&J & Rooted it.
    Works great.
  17. #17  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default Re: slow development?

    I got a refurbished Charge as a replacement for my Fascinate because of the dropped calls issue. Look under menu=>settings=>about phone and see what it says in the hardware version. Mine is i510.06 and it seems most people who have that have not had as many problems, if any at all. Those who have i510.05 as their hardware version seem to be experiencing more problems.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

    Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

    Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

    If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: slow development?

    i got a dinc2 as a trade, im happy until i get the htc vigor. at least i have cm7 back now.
  19. #19  
    papa54's Avatar

    Posts
    592 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default Re: slow development?

    Quote Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
    Well my menu key started sticking today. I tried to call verizon and see if i could get it replaced with another tbolt. They said they could only offer another charge. Kina sucks as they had no issues giving me the charge last week. I guess ill just suck it up and wait for the htc vigor to ship and pay full price. Im sure ill be avoiding samsung from now on. The charge is decent but the build quality feels cheap.
    welp folks i have a few choice words about the droid charge....
    i readily admit i am no pro about droids or androids but coming from a poorly built Fascinate i love this charge ..i am running the gbe 2. and have no problems at all,, calls are clear...ph is quick....runs faster than i can think....operates all my apps and allows me a good bit of time on my battery.,..
    so i cant understand why you folks are sold that the charge is no good...
    mine works where the fassy would not.. it even works and me being in a fringe area...
    maybe you folks need to strip yer charge down to EE4 and start again... i suugest the GBE 2. (note'' this is Gummy Bear not Gingerbread)
    from what i've heard about gingerbread with all its problems, seems anyone who sticks to gingerbread should stop and think "uuuuuuuuuuum if this rom is so whacky,, maybe i should try another rom"
    thats my story and i'm sticking to it........ enjoy yer gingerbread and all of its kinks...
    Last edited by papa54; 10-22-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typo
  20. #20  
    Chris2183's Avatar

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 RC2

    Default Re: slow development?

    Quote Originally Posted by papa54 View Post
    maybe you folks need to strip yer charge down to EE4 and start again... i suugest the GBE 3 (note'' this is Gummy Bear not Gingerbread)
    from what i've heard about gingerbread with all its problems, seems anyone who sticks to gingerbread should stop and think "uuuuuuuuuuum if this rom is so whacky,, maybe i should try another rom"
    thats my story and i'm sticking to it........ enjoy yer gingerbread and all of its kinks...
    GBE stands for Gingerbread Edition.

    Gummy has 2 versions FE (Froyo Edition built on EE4) and GBE (Gingerbread Edition built on the EP leaks)
  21. #21  

    Default Re: slow development?

    I don't hate the charge but as originally stated in the OP, the development is lacking. I love android but there are always new devices coming out which would make it tough to keep developing on "old" phones.

    I loved my fascinate but it kind of suffered the same fate. I had the incoming call issue and swapped it out for the charge as it had 4g and a similar screen. Then the fascinate got CM7 - just missed it. I have been running the last few GB leaks and they are great. Maybe I need to try GBE 2.0 but the hotboots have scared me off. I am running the debloated EP3 currently. I am seeing the static on calls which is very annoying. I need to switch back to EE4 to see if it might be my sim card(wishful thinking) but I don't like EE4. Juice defender works for me on GBE and I need more battery life.

    I loved the thinness of the SF and hope the Nexus will be a similar thickness w/ LTE. I like the rounded corners of the Nexus and Charge vs. the squareness of the SGSII's I have seen.
  22. #22  
    papa54's Avatar

    Posts
    592 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default Re: slow development?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2183 View Post
    GBE stands for Gingerbread Edition.

    Gummy has 2 versions FE (Froyo Edition built on EE4) and GBE (Gingerbread Edition built on the EP leaks)
    excuse me,, but my GBE is Gummy Bear 2.0 call it gingerbread if you like but i have tried the gingerbreads and not one is worth it to me to try them again.. here i have stabality.. what more do i need.. rooted and ev app i have works and i also have an advantage to increase my volume over and above any other rom.. i tried to go back to imosyon's infinity but lost the equalizer so back to gummy Bear for me...
    but i am no pro... as are most of the people here..

Posting Permissions

B