Root EE4 non-voodoo

amofiav

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for beating a once decayed horse but are there any roots without voodoo or a rom built in? All I'm looking for is stock ee4 with root.

If its posted somewhere i blame the search feature for not finding it or my eyes for looking past it.

amofiav

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
thx guys i gave in and went with voodoo.

went with dXc's AB5 since i was familiar with and loved his releases on the fascinate.

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If all you want is root, but everything else to remain stock - here's an approach that should do the trick:

• Go to this site, download the Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip file and put it on your sd card.
  • Assuming the Charge drivers are installed on your computer and USB Debugging (under Settings > Applications > Development) is checked on your phone, start Odin 1.83 on your computer (this is the version I used at least).
  • With the phone OFF, connect the phone via USB to the computer WHILE HOLDING the volume-down button - you should now enter "Download" mode (yellow android on screen).
  • After UNchecking Auto-Reboot, under PDA, flash 0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5 (found here).
  • If ODIN says it was successful, disconnect phone, but DO NOT RESTART PHONE YET!!
  • On the phone hold down vol up + home key + power - you will see the samsung logo, but continue holding all three buttons until the logo goes away then comes back (I've seen other combinations mentioned, but this is what has worked for me).
  • If done correctly, you should now boot into CWM (clockwork mod) recovery. To flash in CWM simply select "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard" and select the Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip file. Once done select reboot system now (may have to select Go Back to get to this option - I can't recall).

This may be more complicated than you were looking for, but what is nice about this approach is that once you reboot your phone, the CWM you flashed in ODIN will be overwritten by the stock recovery, making your phone exactly as it was prior to ODIN - with the exception of being rooted.

Hope this helps, and if not... feel free to disregard!

EDIT: Ahh... bit late, sorry about that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC