Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    GummyCharged 2.1

Default Re: Video! How to Install GummyCharged Gingerbread 2.1

Answered on the other post....
    www.youtube.com/kraisydave
    www.KDtech.org Twitter @kraisydave
    Everyone deserves to get the most out of their phone!

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

This maybe a very dumb question - but is there any way to rearrange the order of the applications on the menu screens?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

There are no dumb questions but if I am reading you right, no not on that screen

Charged up post!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Did you mean the application launcher screen?

Charged up post!

Hi I have hit a brick wall and want suggestions (?)

I tried rooting the Droid Charge last night and could not get to Gummy charge because-->

1) I can't for the life of me find a way to write to the internal SD card.
    2) When phone is plugged in to USB on the PC, only the external card can be read and written to.
    3) I find this tiny CDrom drive with some verizon files on it, but I can't write to it either.
    4) I tried superoneclick and all those cheats, but it can't root the SU binary (?)

So then I went nuclear and flashed clockwork mod with Odin and it worked, version 4.0.... something BUT

5) the Samsung logo keeps bootlooping
    6) clockwork mod can not read the external SD card with the Gummy ROM
    7) I can't find instructions on how to install Gummy charge from ODIN instead of CWM ???

All I could do after 5 hrs was flash back the factory image for the Charge and lost my local wifi connectivity and am now stuck to 3G instead of 4G....

Thanks to anyone with suggestions:

Maurice
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    GummyCharged 2.1

Maurice,

First I wanted to let you know that GummyCharge is no longer supported for the Droid Charge. It is setup on an older software base. Depending on what you are doing you may loose some antenna connections such as wifi or even cell tower unless you use Gummy over an older kernel.

As for getting GummyCharge to your phone... all you should do is navigate to the GummyCharge link of choice via your phone. Click the link to download and it will be placed in your download folder all ready for your to flash via ClockWorkMod.

Make sure you are using a version of Clockwork that works with the kernel you have and plays nice with GummyCharge. Off the top of my head and I cannot remember which version was best.

My suggestion is to use one of the current ROMs out there. And then you can theme over it if you like. The two that are currently updated are TweakedStock by imnuts and Eclipse. Make sure you are using the most updated versions for FP1. Older ones will again give you trouble unless you set your phone to an older state.

Best of luck...
    Dave
    www.youtube.com/kraisydave
    www.KDtech.org Twitter @kraisydave
    Everyone deserves to get the most out of their phone!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12