Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default second try getting help

I posted this in the general section on Saturday but no one has responded so I will try here:

first of all I cannot get in to stock recovery. I did the vol up home and power button, yes i let go of power when the logo appears and it stays on the samsung screen forever. part of a larger prob though. I was on GC 2.0. Yesterday I tried to get back to stock to do the update. nothing flashed right but I recalled whenever I try to flash AB it always brings me to stock recovery, so I did that. returned to stock. finally around midnight I got the update notification. I said yes and my phone hung on the samsung screen for the next half hour. even pulling the battery wouldnt get it to boot up so I had to reflash GC just to get my phone on so I could set my alarms for this morning.
    Not sure where I went wrong. And I don't understand why I cant get in to stock recovery the way everyone suggests. I continued holding volup and home for 5 min each time. Doesnt seem to matter if I am stock or GC it just doesnt work. Thanks for your help everyone.

Default Re: second try getting help

If you can get into download mode (plug in to PC via USB with battery out while holding volume down) you can follow DroidXCons first sticky post in this forum and flash back to dead stock. If you are using voodoo you will need to turn it off and let the file system return to RFS 1st.

Good luck
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,575 Global Posts
    Carrier
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGirl View Post
    1am, huh? Ugh, fun times indeed! Glad you got them though!

Your G-1 first look video today was great! I love that you can add Folders to the Home screen and put stuff in it like your games. Sweet!
    Indeed. And make sure to change Voodoo if you do have it. I forgot one time and had to start fresh all over again.

sent from my Droid Charge via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bittrblue View Post
    I posted this in the general section on Saturday but no one has responded so I will try here:

first of all I cannot get in to stock recovery. I did the vol up home and power button, yes i let go of power when the logo appears and it stays on the samsung screen forever. part of a larger prob though. I was on GC 2.0. Yesterday I tried to get back to stock to do the update. nothing flashed right but I recalled whenever I try to flash AB it always brings me to stock recovery, so I did that. returned to stock. finally around midnight I got the update notification. I said yes and my phone hung on the samsung screen for the next half hour. even pulling the battery wouldnt get it to boot up so I had to reflash GC just to get my phone on so I could set my alarms for this morning.
    Not sure where I went wrong. And I don't understand why I cant get in to stock recovery the way everyone suggests. I continued holding volup and home for 5 min each time. Doesnt seem to matter if I am stock or GC it just doesnt work. Thanks for your help everyone.

just get ph to be able to odin.. stop all the adding battery pulling stuff. when ya get the ph where it will DL, then Odin in the EE4 which was the update from ED2.
    after you odin the EE$ you should get a Verizon msg asking if ya want to updat. stick yer ph on wifi if posible to have a steady connection. (no up's n down's) then after the update you are on full blooded ginger bread.. from there the next move is to root it and then wait till some devs get something rolling..
    i heard that some who were on Gb 2.1 were thrown into a boot loop...

Nothing is garanteed, your choices are yours and yours alone.. I'm just telling what i did and heard. you break it, you bought it, i'm not responsible, nor is this site or anyone on this site..

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by junksecret View Post
    If you can get into download mode (plug in to PC via USB with battery out while holding volume up) you can follow DroidXCons first sticky post in this forum and flash back to dead stock. If you are using voodoo you will need to turn it off and let the file system return to RFS 1st.

Good luck

It is not a flash, that word >Flash< is used so much its mostly taken for granted it's a Clock Work Mod aka CWM or that it can be flashed with the CWM. but it is not a flash the 1st note from droidX to get back to ED2 is an Odin Down Load from pc to ph.. cwm is copy file to ph and from within the ph then flash that file. so dont get confused by everyones use of the word >FLASH<

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Indeed. And make sure to change Voodoo if you do have it. I forgot one time and had to start fresh all over again.

sent from my Droid Charge via Tapatalk
    why didnt you tell him exactly how to get up and running ? you know we do not flash an Odin..it is a DownLoad through Odin on the PC to the phone. that changes the rom kernals etc . basically everything...?