2.3.6 Gingerbread

NoqturnalX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So i've had bad luck with this phone, i'm on my 4th one actually. I've tried several ROMs in the past and some were ok but most were unstable for me. So are there any ROM's built from the Samsung Gingerbread 2.3.6 release? I'm not looking for AOSP ROMs cause I like some of the things about the stock ROM such as the music player and the way in works with the lock screen. However I HATE the side to side sliding app drawer and the little Apple like dock at the bottom. On the last Droid I flashed with a gingerbread ROM but can't remember what it was that had this really nice side to side transition app drawer which I kinda liked. So if there isn't a slightly tweaked ROM built from the stock 2.3.6 does anyone have any advice on possibly doing it myself? Should I become a padawan over at XDA and start learning to code and ROM dev myself? Recommendations for reading material for someone who hasn't dont ROMing before?

Also if your interested, before I turned in a previous phone for a replacement due to reason's I won't list I decided to see what kind of abuse the Gorilla Glass on the screen could really take :) Here's a video of me really going at it and I must say, I feel bad for iPhone users because Gorilla Glass is the :)[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0yw8tN408&context=C32ae617ADOEgsToPDskLW7lkzDKdm6i8I9NX4UiYr[/YT]

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
... So if there isn't a slightly tweaked ROM built from the stock 2.3.6...

Ironic choice of words, as there is a Rom called tweakstock (can be found on xda and rootz) that might be what you're looking for. App drawer issues can be resolved with a different launcher (go launcher and ADW are popular choices). Wonder if a tweakstock thread should be started over here...

NoqturnalX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ironic choice of words, as there is a Rom called tweakstock (can be found on xda and rootz) that might be what you're looking for. App drawer issues can be resolved with a different launcher (go launcher and ADW are popular choices). Wonder if a tweakstock thread should be started over here...

Lol, Interesting. I don't like to use 3rd party launchers much any more. I just run into issues. Everyone was telling me to use Go Launcher and I didn't like it. I'm cool with the stock launcher just not the app drawer. I'll look into tweakstock when I get home from work. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae