Video! Updated Rooting -keep data & common rooting problems

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
First, thanks to Android Central and all the people here as you have helped me a lot. I am not a dev, but wanted to give back so I made these videos in hopes to help out.

One is on rooting without deleting you data while keeping the current updates from Verizon. The other is common problems people run into while rooting. If you check out my youtube channel there are more vids on backup and running ROMs under Android Tips. If you have a vid suggestion let me know and I will make it. Thanks....

Updated Rooting Method
Droid - 2012 Rooting Update keep Data and Apps by: KDtech.org - YouTube

Common Rooting Problems
Droid Charge - Android Rooting Problems Discussed by: KDtech.org - YouTube

Dave

Reactions: anon(94115)

izzyd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Couple of questions, I have a DC and I had gummycharge 2.0 before then I updated to 2.1 but I kept getting random reboots, so after searching on the forums I found that it was because of CWM I had the old version (cwm 4.0) so I rooted back to stock and started over but when I downloaded the new CWM 5.0 I was able to root the phone but now when I go back into recovery its not going into CWM.... So my question is should I still use CWM 4.0 or look for a newer version? Also when I do root to gummycharge 2.0 then to 2.1 I have the stock radio is it necessary to flash to get the EP1 radio or is the EP4 radio ok? Thanks for your time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech