Issues After Root

ixcptmorganxi

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
So I rooted my Droid Charge and was excited to finally have tethering again, but I've been having a strange problem. I did the EP4 root and tried a couple of different ROMS, some of which work and some that don't. Here's a rundown.

I'm using Odin v1.82 because I can't get any newer versions than that to launch. Many of the ROMS I try will fail immediately when I try to Odin flash them. It takes a few retries before one will finally work for whatever reason. Once it loads some of them have gotten me stuck on the boot screen indefinitely so I then have to reflash and then it will work.

Once I get it flashed and booted in the root works fine to a point. The problem I am running into is with my carrier service. For whatever reason, when the screen is locked I will not get a call. I can sit there and call myself from another phone and nothing happens. As soon as I press the power button to try and unlock the screen it will show the call coming in. Seems to happen with some text messages as well. Outside of that the only other issue is with my network. I'll be fine for most of the day but at random times its like the radio shuts itself off and the only way to get a connection again is to restart and then its fine.

I tried a few different downloads of EP4 just to make sure it wasn't partially corrupt and I wipe all of my caches each time. I'm not sure what else to do so I just unrooted so I can actually use my phone. I've searched for the past two weeks and found no one else with a similar problem so I finally gave up. Anyone have any insight? I really don't want much out of rooting besides tethering and having more control over the system, thats all.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
well it is certainly a bad flash for whatever reason.I have flash several different roms without that kind of issue. are you taking the battery out, connecting the charge, going into download mode and then putting the battery back in before you flash the rom?

The Charge is a bit goofy in that regard. My fassy would hate it if you put the battery back in but the Charge seems to thrive on it. Give eclipse, infinity or Tweatstock (I am running that one now) a try.

I also seem to recall something about the sim card. Take it out, turn the device on, then power it off put the card back in and turn it on again.

let me know if any of this helps

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
well it is certainly a bad flash for whatever reason.I have flash several different roms without that kind of issue. are you taking the battery out, connecting the charge, going into download mode and then putting the battery back in before you flash the rom?

The Charge is a bit goofy in that regard. My fassy would hate it if you put the battery back in but the Charge seems to thrive on it. Give eclipse, infinity or Tweatstock (I am running that one now) a try.

I also seem to recall something about the sim card. Take it out, turn the device on, then power it off put the card back in and turn it on again.

let me know if any of this helps

I heard all those stories about moving the sim card in n out etc .....I decided to ignore the sim card removal
and just flash on.. i Love my charge but am searching for new rom to try out ,,the infinity i've been running since dec is getting slow at times.. not slow enough I have to wait for enternity but laggy so i reinstalled the same thing again frm the ground up.. and am still using the infinity on my Ph..

gonna try to make an Odin of my OS for future uses,,, i might fail ,,hopefully i get one made.. ahahahahahah good luck on reformatting internal memory. careful though !!! yer OS is in enternal memore aka:RAM..

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
It depends on what you are flashing. This could be the problem. Rooting the phone does not matter if you flash a ROM that is complete and it erases everything you just did.

Are the ROMs you are flashing including a kernel and antenna software? Or do they require other pieces to be flashed? Are these ROMs changing your antenna to an older out of date version? What ROMs were you trying to run?

This will help to narrow down your problem.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2