Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Best Charge ROM

I know I am 2 days late on this reply, but as far as backing things up goes, I would say use either my backuppro or titanium backup to save all your stuff.

If you are already rooted, half the battle is done for you. Your brother should have installed a custom recovery (if not go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1306206227)

The next thing is to pick a ROM. I no longer have my Charge, but when I looked real quick, Tweaked still looks like the way to go: [FP1H][Rom][Cwm][Odin]Tweaked v2.0 - xda-developers

You can find basic instructions there and also in the stickie at the top of this forum to learn about odin
    Thanked by 2:

Hello All, I am new to forums and doing my best to learn about technology. One of my students rooted my phone and I have been reading everything I can to learn on my on. I have a Droid Charge and about to change roms on my on wish me luck

Good luck. Any questions let us know.

sent from the future via donkey wheel

ROM
    GummyCharged 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by mrtfox2 View Post
    Hello All, I am new to forums and doing my best to learn about technology. One of my students rooted my phone and I have been reading everything I can to learn on my on. I have a Droid Charge and about to change roms on my on wish me luck
    Good luck...and just if you did not know, NEVER use ROM manager to change ROMs on the Droid Charge. Use CWM or Odin.

Do you know if the ROM you are on is current? Antennas etc... Do you know if the ROM you are moving to is complete or does it come in pieces such as needing a different kernel?

Just some things to think about if you are not already familiar.

It really does become easy and almost second nature to jump around between ROMs and Themes after a while.

Let us know how it goes.

Dave
    www.youtube.com/kraisydave
    www.KDtech.org Twitter @kraisydave
    Everyone deserves to get the most out of their phone!

For those interested, a minor update is now available - Tweaked 2.1.
    :-)
    "Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. Sanity is the fine line in between." - Anonymous
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12