Best Charge ROM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I need some advice and some links if anyone has any. I'd like to know what everyone thinks the best custom rom for the charge is whether it be tweakstock, eclipse, gummycharged or whatever else there is. I also need some help rooting the phone as well please, if anyone would be so kind as to lend a hand or two. I also know that when a custom rom is created alot of the extra crap is removed from it, but anyway to keep backup assistant or save my text conversations? Much thanks in advance for anyones help.

cliMAKtic

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you still need help rooting your charge? I've tried/tested out most of the roms and kernels for the charge and I've found InfinityRom with IMNUTS PB&J kernel to be the best combination, lightning fast, no bloat, and good battery life.

Here are some links:

InfinityRom can be located here ---> [3-9-12][ROM][EP4D] InfinityROM - xda-developers
IMNUTS latest PB&J Kernel (Optional) -----> [01-30-12]PeanutButta Jelly Time - RootzWiki
Latest CWM recover you should be using ----> [RECOVERY][3-2-12]Clockwork Mod Recovery - xda-developers

Let me know if you still need help rooting/flashing, links for tweaks, custom boot/shutdown animations, etc...

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
There is actually a newer version of Infinity ROM here, dated 3/19/12:

[ROM][3-19-12]InfinityROM - RootzWiki

There may be even newer versions of the Big 3 ROMS (Eclipse, Tweakstock, Infinity) coming out soon based on the new update pushing out to the Charge. Not sure if anything in the update is worth adding, but the devs might incorporate the updated stuff.

petey00

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
What is the big difference between Infinity and Eclipse? I am currently running eclipse and am happy, just wanted to know the difference before i changed...

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure, Im using Infinity and the PB&J kernal and havent had any problems. Well since youre running Eclipse I can tell you a few things I can do with the ROM. I did have Eclipse on my X2 but I dont know how big the difference is. But on Infinity I can change the type of lockscreen, can also change what appears in the notification bar.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
What is the big difference between Infinity and Eclipse? I am currently running eclipse and am happy, just wanted to know the difference before i changed...

Best thing to do is read the developer's description of Infinity on XDA:

[3-9-12][ROM][EP4D] InfinityROM - xda-developers

Like hondaalpinestar said, I think Infinity has a few more customization options. I used a similar ROM on my Fasciinate (TSM Resurrection), they both use TSM Parts in the ROM, which are the customizations for the lockscreen, notification bar, etc.

Also, keep in mind Eclipse and Infinity ROMS will most likely be updated soon with the latest FP1 update that came out from Samsung/Verizon. I would hold off until these are available.

Reactions: petey00

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol - Yeah tweakstock would've been updated already were it not for the ota that started rolling out last week. Seemed silly to update a rom using a no-longer up-to-date base. FP1 is in the works now, slowly but surely :)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Which thread, and is it a new ROM or just an addition I can flash with CWM?

It's just a little bit of editing. You have to be rooted and use Root Explorer (or something similar) to use this fix.

Stop ota notification fix - xda-developers

Open Root Explorer, browse to /system, select mount R/W, long press build.prop, and select Open in Text Editor.

Find the line: ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/SCH-I510/SCH-I510:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/EP4:user/release-keys

Change "EP4" to "FP1"

Save the changes to the build.prop file

Restart

You may have to restart a few times to get data back working. You can also restart, then turn data off and on again, see if that works. That worked for me after one restart, notification for update was gone.

Reactions: wprewitt84
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Still running the Infinity ROM, tried the new Tweaked V2 the only thing that really bugged me was the GPS icon in the notification bar. Drives me nuts, just like it simple personally.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Still running the Infinity ROM, tried the new Tweaked V2 the only thing that really bugged me was the GPS icon in the notification bar. Drives me nuts, just like it simple personally.

As dwitherell said, that can be disabled. I'm already loving Tweaked 2.0, only been on it for about 12 hours! I say give it another shot, and check out all the goodies with TSM Parts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance